[Help]Dual Sheath Redux

splurkey

if you aren't using anything but winrar and nexus mod manager

here is a step by step guide

1.make sure your java is up to date

2.follow the instructions as written on the mod page

• activate the mod as normal
  • extra step: go to game's folder C:/Program Files(x86) /steam/steamapps/common/skyrim

(this was not specified and I assume people are going into the mod's .rar

• Skyrim is a program and you need to change the permission settings (windows 7 is bad about permissions with installed program files) to edit just right-click, properties,security,advanced, change permission (do this for Administrators and your User/____), check the tab full control, apply, ok, etc. etc. this should make sure you are not going to have permission issues
  • now in the Skyrim folder go to Data/SkyProc Patchers inside is a folder called Dual Sheath Redux inside that use the Dual Sheath Redux Patch executable jar file WITH JAVA, if .jar is not already associated just right-click,properties, opens with . . ., change and select Java,

(if you don't see it in this new window click browse and search for Java)

• run the patcher and it should finally produce that new dual sheath redux patch .ESP in the Data folder of Skyrim not the SkyProc folder so back out into Skyrim/Data

• archive this new .esp file with winrar and install it as a mod through nexus

3. that is all there is too it so enjoy! Every time you change weapon and armor mods you will need to go back to your Skyrim Folder and run the .jar replacing your .esp with the new one (repeat my last three bullet points)

p.s. my first post on nexus forum I'm sorry if I didn't clean up the formatting enough for easy reading. (I'm not very comfortable with posting on forums)

I did everything but still, ''could not find the main class. program will exit'' massage appears. :blink:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I had this problem no matter what I did after I uninstalled the mod to install realistic ragdolls/xp32 since I was using a different skeleton first but it didn't have the right shealthing.

It turns out that the ONLY way to make it go away is to load a save before you ever activated dual shealth redux in the first place. Kinda dumb to be honest, but I guess that's just how it is.