Tomb Raider anyone?

Kursan

I recently bought the new Tomb Raider when it was half off, and I have to say up to the point where I got stuck it was the most enjoyable and satisfying action game I played in a long while.

I completed the game to 64% and then ran into a situation that no one else seems to have any trouble with so there is no walk-through help with that particular fight. I seem to be missing certain prompts to make a kill move and I do not know if it is something I am doing wrong or if that is a bug.

If anyone has experience with this game I would appreciate some input.

The scenario is where you return to the wrecked ship you came on to find a member of your crew; when you arrive on deck you are locked into a fight with 3 guys one of which is an armored giant.

The other two are inconsequential, the armored giant is only vulnerable at the head.

I damage him with head shots, I get the prompt for a killing move with my ax, I hit him with it and then I inevitably get grabbed and tossed. I have played this scenario for hours trying different things and can't get the killing blow in.

In videos I watched they finish that guy off in about 3 moves but they always get another prompt after the first which I do not get.

The other thing is that they always cripple him first with an arrow to the knee (yea no kidding) and I do have that particular melee skill, but each time I try that I throw sand in his eyes instead because the control keys for either are the same. Is there a way to determine which of the two is used or is the game supposed to "know" which should apply? In which case this may be a bug since there is not even sand on deck to be throwing.

Again if anyone has played through this scenario and could give a step by step description of the keys used to get the right prompts I would very much appreciate it. Otherwise I have to start the game from scratch because the last campsite save won't let me fast travel so I can't even return to an earlier area to garner more skill points. I am playing on PC with keyboard and mouse.

So it was my own dumb mistake and is what happens when playing when tired.

It turned out to be one of those "quick timed events" where you have to hit the right key at the right moment instead of mashing the key as is required in some other scenarios. After I realized that I finished the fight in a few seconds and felt pretty dumb for this post, but I hope this can help someone else.

I have since finished TombRaider and have to say that it was the most enjoyable game I have played in a very long time, probably since ME2.

I can't recommend it enough as a single player, not sure about the multiplayer part of it.

• 10 months later...

I agree, tomb raider 2013 it up there with fallout, mass effect, rage and far cry 3

sadly I cant find any nude mods for tomb raider except for a shirt with nipples :sad:

bouncing natural breasts mod would make it fantastic :smile:))

I agree, tomb raider 2013 it up there with fallout, mass effect, rage and far cry 3

sadly I cant find any nude mods for tomb raider except for a shirt with nipples :sad:

bouncing natural breasts mod would make it fantastic :smile:))

That's just stupidly pointless.

I get it when nude mods make the game more realistic by removing annoying perma-undies in an Elder Scrolls game, but jelly boobs wouldn't make any sense, and most places in Tomb Raider wouldn't make sense for the protag to be naked.

Why do people think that running without bras makes boobs more like jello? I done it with both bras and no bras and there is minimal difference between bounce. Besides why does Lara need to be naked in the game with both the cinamatics and the game point out that she is wearing clothes. I like the game, the only improvement I can think of is fixing the tomb minigame and replace it with more collectables because it totally removed the characterisation that they are trying to pull off with Lara.

well guys it appears bouncing boobs is not for everybody, but the good news is, you don't have to install the mods :smile:

for me, after adding bouncing boobs to fallout 3 and new Vegas, it made playing it again more entertaining

in fact while I wait for fallout 4 and me4 I have to replay my old games, :sad: but with nude mods it makes them fun to play again

strange because i wish she had a jacket to stop her from freezing, cutting and bruising herself

That echoes on of my few complaints; considering how under-equipped she is for adventure at the beginning of the game I find it odd and slightly unbelievable that she wouldn't atleast try and procure some of the basics(protective clothing, compass, backpack). If I was doing an outfit mod, I'd replace the singlet and pants with a coat and cargos, both made of some kind of synthetic. I've visited a legitimate south-pacific jungle, her vanilla outfit would get very tattered very quickly and exposed skin/cuts are the last thing you want in a mosquito infested swamp.

That's the whole point of the game though, it was suppose to show a young woman growing from an inexperienced adventure to a survivor. It's not realistic, sure but it doesn't detach the fact that it is a positive power fantasy for females, where it shows a female doing something that a guy would do. I don't care about what she wears so much as I critique the gameplay elements, because it is a massive step up from what she used to wear. A singlet, cargo pants and boots is much better than a singlet, shorts and boots. I mean, Drake wore a shirt and pants in the mountains and did not wear the correct clothes for the desert but it doesn't mean that I'm complaining about it.

True enough, and I agree about the feminist side of things; this sort of transformation had to happen. In my country something like 49% of gamers are female(according to govt. surveys) so there's really no excuse.