Survey Responses!

TheTokenGeek

In response to post #27527609. #27527849, #27527994, #27528224, #27528879, #27528919, #27529224, #27529299, #27529544, #27529909 are all replies on the same post.

Jokerine wrote: Gee. I had no idea girls were so rare around these parts... :laugh:
Elianora wrote: Especially when you consider so many of us authors that turn out to be girls!

Jaxonz, kryptopyr, Mattie, you and me, Tamira, zzjay....

Man, now we just need more mod user girls since we have the author front covered! :D
crazytaz wrote: all so there are some people who didn't take the survey
MotoSxorpio wrote: Yeah, quite a shock about the gender numbers. I was sure it was closer to 70-30 male dominant.

Looking forward to what the future brings for the sites. Looks like BlindJudge is jumping in with both feet.
Niyogi wrote: Female user here. I'm super shocked by the gender numbers. I agree with Moto. I thought the gap wouldn't be so large. It does explain the lack of female tailored mods out there though. At least there are some! :)
Tamira wrote: Yeah, took me by surprise too :D
SolidusEkans wrote: Call NeoGAF!!! favicon.png
Madcat221 wrote:
Jaxonz, kryptopyr, Mattie, you and me, Tamira, zzjay....

You two and Tamira were apparent, but... the others? o_O And I thought I was on top of checking profiles to check gender to avoid such awkward moments...
Thumblesteen wrote: I'm not that surprised, to be honest. I mean, let's face it, the gaming industry have spent the last ten years or so making every effort humanly possible to alienate women. It's quite tragic, really. To all the women out there who still haven't given up on gaming as a passtime, I must say, I'm quite inspired. To put up with all the sexist nonsense is a proper show of strength.
AmiMizuno wrote: >.< Endangered species... lol more like just a dang rare sight. I was surprised too at this very skewed gender numbers!

I am sure all those skimpy anime mods on the front page don't help in attracting female audiences.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #27528939. #27529259 is also a reply to the same post.

Gamwich wrote: Only 8.593%?...... that means I've already "met" most of the women on Nexus. That's a bit depressing.

I guess that explains the proliferation of skimpy armor mods then. ;)
Ondrea wrote: I was shocked to see that as well. I really thought that percentage was much higher. And even fewer still in my age group. Yep that's why so few armors for me lol.

More tastefully sexy armors?..... someone should get on that. ;)

The Steam coupon almost made me skip this survey, I have a Steam account for one reason and one reason only, it was required by Skyrim. Since then Steam has become more and more user unfriendly and after 15 e-mails with support question that went unanswered, Steam for me has fallen into the FOBAR category for me. As for Nexus, it is the shinning star of game sites in my opinion.

In response to post #27529529.

RoyBatterian wrote: Only 16% over 35, while not exactly low, I thought there were more older people around here. Perhaps they just don't wish take surveys.

I too expected there was more women, again perhaps they just don't wish to take surveys.

I think millions of people use the nexus, so ratio of users to survey takers would indeed be interesting to see.

If you separated the mod authors from just the mod users, I'd expect you'd see a different age demographic. Just a guess. ;)

In response to post #27530099.

Roguespear wrote: The Steam coupon almost made me skip this survey, I have a Steam account for one reason and one reason only, it was required by Skyrim. Since then Steam has become more and more user unfriendly and after 15 e-mails with support question that went unanswered, Steam for me has fallen into the FOBAR category for me. As for Nexus, it is the shinning star of game sites in my opinion.

Yes, the Steam prize entry was optional..... I personally didn't enter (and I'm sure others also didn't care about winning anything). Edited by Gamwich

In response to post #27528939. #27529259, #27530094 are all replies on the same post.

Gamwich wrote: Only 8.593%?...... that means I've already "met" most of the women on Nexus. That's a bit depressing.

Ondrea wrote: I was shocked to see that as well. I really thought that percentage was much higher. And even fewer still in my age group. Yep that's why so few armors for me lol.
Gamwich wrote: More tastefully sexy armors?..... someone should get on that. ;)

Indeed x(

In response to post #27528939. #27529259, #27530094, #27530239 are all replies on the same post.

Gamwich wrote: More tastefully sexy armors?..... someone should get on that. ;)
numeriku wrote: Indeed x(

Hey, women like sexy armor too!

In response to post #27530099. #27530184 is also a reply to the same post.

Roguespear wrote: The Steam coupon almost made me skip this survey, I have a Steam account for one reason and one reason only, it was required by Skyrim. Since then Steam has become more and more user unfriendly and after 15 e-mails with support question that went unanswered, Steam for me has fallen into the FOBAR category for me. As for Nexus, it is the shinning star of game sites in my opinion.
Gamwich wrote: Yes, the Steam prize entry was optional..... I personally didn't enter (and I'm sure others also didn't care about winning anything).

I do like steam, I just wish keeping it running was optional, at least for offline games.

In response to post #27530099. #27530184, #27530349 are all replies on the same post.

Gamwich wrote: Yes, the Steam prize entry was optional..... I personally didn't enter (and I'm sure others also didn't care about winning anything).
RavingRiley wrote: I do like steam, I just wish keeping it running was optional, at least for offline games.

For me too, survey was good, prize not relevant for me.