⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Survey Responses!

TheTokenGeek

In response to post #27539109. #27539259, #27539509, #27539644 are all replies on the same post.

jdgolke wrote: I am a female gamer I can personaly tell you why very females dont admit to being it female. How many times have you male gamers been ask... Hey you want to suck my c**k.. hey lets f**k.. hey I have a huge dick I want to ,, ect ect.
Its hard to find males to play with that respect the fact that 1, you are a female, not cyber wh*%#. 2 don't think that sexual flirting ok. But thankfully there are some out there.
mell0wwaters wrote: honestly, if i were to be playing a game and you join the lobby or game, i'd be a lot more interested in completing the task at hand compared to your boobs. i mean, i'm sure they're great, but you know. i respect you, and while i'm a guy so i can't say i know where you're coming from, i hope you don't let those douchebags get to you. have a wonderful day!
jdgolke wrote: Thank you.
jim_uk wrote: My wife isn't a gamer, she thought she'd see what Playstation Home was about and regretted it within minutes, she hasn't been near a game since. There are some really sick people out there and it's high time Sony, Microsoft and Steam started doing something about it.

Agree with you, in this gaming world you have to deal with horny dudes, most of them are teenagers, i know this too well, i´m a guy by the way, i played Final Fantasy XI for 8 years, my character was a Mithra (cat girls), lololol how many times i got that kind of messages, i was facepalming a lot, but, i have to say that sometimes girls have it very easy, i mean, i got a lot of gifts, really, a lot of gifts from random strangers, some very cool stuff i have to say, and all because they thought i was a girl in real life because i choose to play with a female character. I´m not saying that girls have to be like that.

Sometimes i felt bad, it was not right but hey, that is what you get for being horny... Most of the time i was like, lol the joke is on you, i´m a guy in real life :p and i enjoyed all that free stuff...

Oh and by the way, in all those 8 years i never cared if i was playing with guys or girls, game was fun, had a great time, mission accomplished.

Peace.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm female, 65 and I love Skyrim. I started with Daggerfall. I even update my computer with the latest hardware whenever a new TES comes out so I came play it without lag. Gaming keeps you young.

In response to post #27527609. #27527849, #27527994, #27528224, #27528879, #27528919, #27529224, #27529299, #27529544, #27529909, #27530019, #27530539, #27530744, #27531059, #27532069, #27532379, #27532479, #27532774, #27534654, #27536949, #27537029, #27537364, #27537434, #27537699, #27537784, #27538114, #27539284, #27542064, #27542384, #27543549, #27544024, #27544079, #27544349, #27545064 are all replies on the same post.

Jokerine wrote: Gee. I had no idea girls were so rare around these parts... :laugh:
Elianora wrote: Especially when you consider so many of us authors that turn out to be girls!

Jaxonz, kryptopyr, Mattie, you and me, Tamira, zzjay....

Man, now we just need more mod user girls since we have the author front covered! :D
crazytaz wrote: all so there are some people who didn't take the survey
MotoSxorpio wrote: Yeah, quite a shock about the gender numbers. I was sure it was closer to 70-30 male dominant.

Looking forward to what the future brings for the sites. Looks like BlindJudge is jumping in with both feet.
Niyogi wrote: Female user here. I'm super shocked by the gender numbers. I agree with Moto. I thought the gap wouldn't be so large. It does explain the lack of female tailored mods out there though. At least there are some! :)
Tamira wrote: Yeah, took me by surprise too :D
SolidusEkans wrote: Call NeoGAF!!! favicon.png
Madcat221 wrote:
Jaxonz, kryptopyr, Mattie, you and me, Tamira, zzjay....

You two and Tamira were apparent, but... the others? o_O And I thought I was on top of checking profiles to check gender to avoid such awkward moments...
Thumblesteen wrote: I'm not that surprised, to be honest. I mean, let's face it, the gaming industry have spent the last ten years or so making every effort humanly possible to alienate women. It's quite tragic, really. To all the women out there who still haven't given up on gaming as a passtime, I must say, I'm quite inspired. To put up with all the sexist nonsense is a proper show of strength.
AmiMizuno wrote: >.< Endangered species... lol more like just a dang rare sight. I was surprised too at this very skewed gender numbers!
thesniperdevil wrote: I am sure all those skimpy anime mods on the front page don't help in attracting female audiences.
EMS60 wrote: Hey, not every woman plays SIMS or how things like this are called. :pinch:

But if this is the reflection of the usership I'll never ever wonder anymore why half of the mods want to make your female Dragonborn look like some half nude kindergarten welp with the breast size of Chelsea Charms and the male ones like some watered down Final Fantasy toy boys. :laugh:
<= *praises fadingsignal and Maevan2*

But seriously... I never thought that the female percentage and my own age range would be so small. o_O
madpaddy wrote: 3% of those females are probably men pretending to be women, its a bizarre internet phenomenon ive never understood.
Elbethien wrote: I thought the same about women, pretending to be male.
llamaRCA wrote: I "collect" girl modders (know who they are) because there are so few of us :)
Signette wrote: Not surprised really, my guess that if such question would be put out on ANY gaming-only site/community at its core the numbers would be close to that.

Many women/girls are convinced that gaming is too childish or stupid and don't get involved in it or hiding it as best as they can, but tbh in more or less civil countries EVERYONE is a gamer even if that means some casual mobile or browser gaming.

Stereotypes rules minds these days.
t3h0th3r wrote: I fact, 70% of the Top 10 adult mods are by a female modder ;)
Zchu wrote: People are always surprised I am female. I guess I should add something girly on my user name??? I mean my Avy is my female OC... but still.

I am a mod creator also, I just don't publish my work. I horde my things all for myself =p
The only thing published publicly I helped with is the Fine Faces texture. I worked on the neck, ears and redid the feet textures for SAM body.

One day i will publish one of my mods that is not too personal (not one of my OC's is what I mean)

I also download tons of skimpy armor and have nude mods. Not for any pervy reasons, rather as an artist I find the human form beautiful. I want my characters to be perfect and customized, every bit of them.

That's my 2 cents anyway ^^
Jeir wrote: I was also surprised by the gender results. I make no secret that I'm female (nor did Caliente, when she was still around). I also know of a number of mod makers and users who are female.
It could simply be that a lot of the ladies around simply didn't answer the survey. Many people just come for the mods, and may not pay attention to the news, so may not have seen it.
nivea wrote: *Sobs* Well at least I know there are a few of us out there lol.

*Hugs Llama* :)
lydiacat wrote: Wow! We are rare. Interesting.
cavity75 wrote: I usually just ignore the skimpy mods, as a woman of course it turned me away from nexus mods for a while. But I've actually been working on creating mods, I've been into stuff like that since I was younger, and I've decided to start. I just block that content and stick to my female characters having their vanilla bodies.
cavity75 wrote: GIRLS ADD ME!!!! We need to stick together
llamaRCA wrote: @Nivea - *hugs* :)

@cavity75 - Hi! Went to add you, but you'd beat me to it!

:) llama
DerpyJones wrote: ^^ omg a girl!
CoffeeShopSamurai wrote: yeah, not gonna lie, that's news to me too
bethjunkie wrote: The survey hung up on me and I don't think it ever submitted so that could have happened to more of us unicorns and skewed the results. I know quite a few female modders and mod users over the age of 35 on these sites.

8% 35-44...buncha whippersnappers! *grumble grumble*
Heaventhere wrote: I am a bit shocked not more of us woman on nexus, really just 9%, blows me away.... or maybe it is not many woman did the survey as I know a lot of woman and 9% seems really small....but even with my name have been called dude so many times in comments I wonder if anyone looks to see who they are commenting to lol.
taerie wrote: I've done my best but all my female friends just kind of roll their eyes and tune me out. I am a female user and (very rudimentary) mod author AND in the 55 to 64 2%! It is damn lonely out here being a unicorn!

All the front page female mods are only annoying to me because they are not balanced by front page male mods. Fix that and it might help the situation.
CaiusN wrote: I agree with Taerie that for me, it's somewhat off-putting to have few to no male front page mods to balance the female ones. I don't mind the skimpy clothing per se, but without male stuff to match it certainly gives me the impression this is a bit of a boy's club. It's not like the system cheats for this either, guys and gals often prefer to play dress-up with female characters. This is more a concern for managing people's first, second, and third impressions so they stick around to share and develop their talents.

So, thinking productively: "hide adult mods" is pretty narrow, but having a '-skimpy' tag setting as the public default for front page views would be a good test to see if it pulls more repeat users. Better tag integration would allow me to search for armor with meshes for both genders, but without avoiding skimpy.

Well I guess I'd better start contributing the sort of things I like in any case. That's the beauty of mods.
akparkison wrote: Happy female user here. And not shocked the number for women players was so low. Honestly. ;)

It is amazing given how MANY modders are females. Seriously. UGH.
JZBai wrote: So to offset the effect of the skimpy female armors and bring in a larger female user base to the Nexus, we need more skimpy male armors on the front page...

COME BACK SCHLONGS OF SKYRIM!!!!! THE NEXUS NEEDS YOUR HELP!!!!!!!
nyxalinth wrote: Nyxalinth :D
Eolhin wrote: I am a female mod author in the 45 to 54: 5%. I have to say, I knew that the numbers were skewed for age and gender, but I didn't think they were THAT skewed. o_O It would be interesting to see if, from a demographic perspective, female users are just less likely to answer surveys. *wry chuckle*

Interesting... if you add up the percentages, you end up with 101% for Gender, and for Age, both. There must be some funky rounding going on there somewhere.

I don't even blink anymore when people say, "Hey man." Or call me dude.
I should probably change the colour of my spartan to pink, but blue is my favourite colour...

In response to post #27539109. #27539259, #27539509, #27539644, #27545754 are all replies on the same post.

jdgolke wrote: I am a female gamer I can personaly tell you why very females dont admit to being it female. How many times have you male gamers been ask... Hey you want to suck my c**k.. hey lets f**k.. hey I have a huge dick I want to ,, ect ect.
Its hard to find males to play with that respect the fact that 1, you are a female, not cyber wh*%#. 2 don't think that sexual flirting ok. But thankfully there are some out there.
mell0wwaters wrote: honestly, if i were to be playing a game and you join the lobby or game, i'd be a lot more interested in completing the task at hand compared to your boobs. i mean, i'm sure they're great, but you know. i respect you, and while i'm a guy so i can't say i know where you're coming from, i hope you don't let those douchebags get to you. have a wonderful day!
jim_uk wrote: My wife isn't a gamer, she thought she'd see what Playstation Home was about and regretted it within minutes, she hasn't been near a game since. There are some really sick people out there and it's high time Sony, Microsoft and Steam started doing something about it.
Suucat wrote: Agree with you, in this gaming world you have to deal with horny dudes, most of them are teenagers, i know this too well, i´m a guy by the way, i played Final Fantasy XI for 8 years, my character was a Mithra (cat girls), lololol how many times i got that kind of messages, i was facepalming a lot, but, i have to say that sometimes girls have it very easy, i mean, i got a lot of gifts, really, a lot of gifts from random strangers, some very cool stuff i have to say, and all because they thought i was a girl in real life because i choose to play with a female character. I´m not saying that girls have to be like that.

Sometimes i felt bad, it was not right but hey, that is what you get for being horny... Most of the time i was like, lol the joke is on you, i´m a guy in real life :p and i enjoyed all that free stuff...

Oh and by the way, in all those 8 years i never cared if i was playing with guys or girls, game was fun, had a great time, mission accomplished.

Peace.

@jdgolke - Although I know girls run into problems elsewhere, I've never had any issues in the Bethesda gaming community and I've been active in various forums since 2008 and am always very vocal about being a girl.

In response to post #27539109. #27539259, #27539509, #27539644, #27545754, #27548114 are all replies on the same post.

Suucat wrote: Agree with you, in this gaming world you have to deal with horny dudes, most of them are teenagers, i know this too well, i´m a guy by the way, i played Final Fantasy XI for 8 years, my character was a Mithra (cat girls), lololol how many times i got that kind of messages, i was facepalming a lot, but, i have to say that sometimes girls have it very easy, i mean, i got a lot of gifts, really, a lot of gifts from random strangers, some very cool stuff i have to say, and all because they thought i was a girl in real life because i choose to play with a female character. I´m not saying that girls have to be like that.

Peace.
llamaRCA wrote: @jdgolke - Although I know girls run into problems elsewhere, I've never had any issues in the Bethesda gaming community and I've been active in various forums since 2008 and am always very vocal about being a girl.

I so agree with you jdgolke. I'm a girl gamer and i get massaged all the time by guys saying just that, most guys don't understand how it feels to girls when they say "suck my c**k" ect etc.... It really weired's them out. Sometimes its a good thing to be a girl player,because you get free stuff but some people just like to play the game without getting free stuff they rather actrully buy the stuff and go on with the game.I have to play as a male player just because of that!! In my mind i think guys should just stop being horny jackasses online. -.-

While most of you guys are shocked by that GENDER thing (of course, I admit I'm quite shocked too :P), I'm more shocked by that USAGE thing - 8% of mod authors is simply... I don't know, I just can't believe that there is so little amount of modders here on Nexus!

In response to post #27533699. #27534194, #27544734 are all replies on the same post.

bben46 wrote:

I am one of the 1%. I was sure there were a few more of us elder gamers here. Maybe, like me, they just didn't bother with the survey. I do know at least one girl gamer that hides her gender on the internet. I am sure there are more. And from my own observation, for a very good reason. Here on the nexus I have seen some of the persecution. And hopefully helped stomp some of it out. But in the on line games it gets insane.

LavaHawaii wrote: Hey bben46;
Glad to find someone else in that low percentile. Seeing this age group's representation, its no wonder its difficult to find another wise old gamer like myself. I agree with you that there must be more, but where are they?

Please keep me in mind when looking for multiplayer matches. In fact maybe you can help me with a theory, I would like to prove/disprove. Talk more later.

Respect,
LavaHawaii
Thandal wrote: Didn't take the survey (was traveling on business and had no time for the Nexus while it was live.)

But while I may squeak into the next younger/larger age grouping (a whole 1% more, which is twice as many! ) I don't think it matters in the long-run. The 18-24 cohort is going to keep gaming with some drop-off as they become parents, then rebound as they start buying/playing games again when their kids are older. Once bitten, you never really cure of the gaming itch.

Those of us riding the silver tsunami's leading wall will have lots of company on the beach!

The "persecution" of females is being way over blown. Almost all of it comes from stupid kids under 14. And it doesn't just happen to females. There has been alot of patently false information spread over the internet making it seem like females are being accosted left and right, but here's a good video going over the recent study of harrassment in video games, and its far less than prevelant than is being touted. Making it a gender issue is ridiculous.

and for the people surprised by the low female / male ratio on here, how can you think this place is booming with females? You should probably try pinterest if you're looking for women on the internet.

In response to post #27548614.

Andyno wrote: While most of you guys are shocked by that GENDER thing (of course, I admit I'm quite shocked too :P), I'm more shocked by that USAGE thing - 8% of mod authors is simply... I don't know, I just can't believe that there is so little amount of modders here on Nexus!

I was a bit surprised as well of that. I know a few of my favorite authors have simply quit modding, and have stopped visiting this community. That being said most people that come to Nexus are consumers. Very few actually release what they make while modding.