⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Update on NMM version 0.60 and FAQ

Dark0ne

In response to post #28791979.

MrBeowolfDE wrote:

I dont know why, but i cant play skyrim anymore. I updated the NMM and it reinstalled my mods.. But it f*#@ed everything up( NO bodies, no heads, no items anymore, shadow flickering.. Now i rolled back to version 0.55.8 reinstalled everymod by my self and now this game dont even start anymore... Im sad :(

Make sure you have the same load order and same options selected (if scripted installer was used) as before reinstalling your mods, this should solve your problems.

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't need the extra "function" of keeping your game directory clean. I have many custom mods that the automated update will destroy. Could the functions of the older NMM manager still be used in the new one? What I mean is how it installed to the game directory and doesn't use this "virtual one". So if I update NMM I can still keep my mods as is without reinstalling them.

In response to post #28791979. #28792624 is also a reply to the same post.

MrBeowolfDE wrote:

I dont know why, but i cant play skyrim anymore. I updated the NMM and it reinstalled my mods.. But it f*#@ed everything up( NO bodies, no heads, no items anymore, shadow flickering.. Now i rolled back to version 0.55.8 reinstalled everymod by my self and now this game dont even start anymore... Im sad :(

b10nutz wrote: Make sure you have the same load order and same options selected (if scripted installer was used) as before reinstalling your mods, this should solve your problems.

That may be because you have mods not installed via NMM so they don't get uninstalled and reinstalled in the right order and manner. At least that's what I assume.

It did uninstalled and reinstalled all my mods (147 at last count). Problem is it only did it on paper, so to speak. More than three quarters of my mods didn't actually install or work afterwards, meaning it's in the directory but even skse and loot can't "see" them. Therefore, Skyrim refused to load. I had to manually reinstall ALL mods, sort them, clean them, fix all master/slave. everything. Manually. It was a colossal waste of time. I restored my settings and will just stick to the old version. Sorry, guys. I know you're trying but even if it reportedly "worked" for thousands, it still isn't a good version. So yeah.

This is un forgivable! My game has been RUINED!!! I"m MAD as HELL!!!!!! And I have to rebuild what I had! You really should have warned your NMM users about this before hand! Some of us were not ready and some of us were in the middle of playing the friggin game only to have it ruined because of this update!!!5\ I'm so mad beyond words!!!!

Edited by ds777

In response to post #28793429.

ds777 wrote: This is un forgivable! My game has been RUINED!!! I"m MAD as HELL!!!!!! And I have to rebuild what I had! You really should have warned your NMM users about this before hand! Some of us were not ready and some of us were in the middle of playing the friggin game only to have it ruined because of this update!!!5\ I'm so mad beyond words!!!!

why are they removing posts? where is my original post???? I did not break any rules why is it deleted??? Edited by ds777

In response to post #28791689. #28792039 is also a reply to the same post.

Gruftlord wrote: Thanks for clearing those thing up. And let the hate posts not get you too much.

I have a question about the install states. From your description it sounds lime i can only install a mod once, and not per profile. This may be bad if i have e.g. SMIM in profile A but not in profile B. Then if i install a mod such as the ruffled feather, which has an installer with an option to install for a SMIM setup, and and option for a non-SMIM setup. In this case i of course want to have the ruffled feather installed with different installer selection for each profile.

Does the new NMM account for that? Thanks.
DuskDweller wrote: You just need to reinstall it in the profile where you want it to have different options, NMM will remember about it.

Ok, cool. Thanks.

In response to post #28792709.

MrTroubleMaker wrote: I don't need the extra "function" of keeping your game directory clean. I have many custom mods that the automated update will destroy. Could the functions of the older NMM manager still be used in the new one? What I mean is how it installed to the game directory and doesn't use this "virtual one". So if I update NMM I can still keep my mods as is without reinstalling them.

I asked something similar to this on the previous news article. I'm thinking, unfortunately, that from now on it's going to be profiling or nothing with NMM, unless someone else adds in the functionality.

In response to post #28792709. #28793584 is also a reply to the same post.

MrTroubleMaker wrote: I don't need the extra "function" of keeping your game directory clean. I have many custom mods that the automated update will destroy. Could the functions of the older NMM manager still be used in the new one? What I mean is how it installed to the game directory and doesn't use this "virtual one". So if I update NMM I can still keep my mods as is without reinstalling them.
Kalell wrote: I asked something similar to this on the previous news article. I'm thinking, unfortunately, that from now on it's going to be profiling or nothing with NMM, unless someone else adds in the functionality.

I agree.

I don't have any need of a profiling system, and I prefer the old-fashioned way. IMHO this profiling feature should be an option in NMM, not the core feature.

I'm sorry about my last comments, but it was so frustrating to install everything back... I know you guys try to do the best here. But the problem with most people is that they have installed patches manually and stuff like that so the automatic install goes really wrong sometimes especially when the scripted mods sometimes ask to choose options. Atleast that's my view on it.

Best of luck with the newest version, I'll be sticking with the old one for now.