⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Fallout 4 1.3 Update Now Official!

SirSalami

In response to post #34107225. #34110340, #34110380 are all replies on the same post.

Augusta Calidia wrote: In the past I waited at least a year before buying and playing a Bethesda RPG. This time I did not. I decided I would suffer with everyone else. I waited a month after Fallout 4 came out and then took the plunge.

The result? Fallout 4 has turned out to be the most stable Bethesda game I have ever played. I have logged almost 200 hours of game play, and I have not experienced one single CTD. I have 32 mods installed via NMM, organize with LOOT, launch with F4SE, and run the game with ultra settings. I installed the beta patch (now out of beta) when it was first made available. The patch improved game play and graphics and was never a problem.

Thank you, Bethesda, for such a stable and fun game.
Roguer wrote: You are either very lucky, or very untruthful.
printerkop wrote: Very lucky for sure..

No guys, he just being careful of what he installs (mods), at least that's what I do and to all of my experience with game ( bought 10 days after it's release) I've CTD two times (random).
So yeah, I believe him.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #34086870. #34102205, #34103270, #34107980 are all replies on the same post.

Brumear wrote: I think its to do with leveling...
Game runs great till I reach a new level and then it CTD can run all over the place if I don't get XP to next level.
lecter66100 wrote: any solutions to that?
Brumear wrote: Nope

Tried all the Ideas I seen here and nothing

Uninstall/Reinstall, No Mods, Delete INI Files, don't have gore mod

just got to wait for the Muppet's to hear all the Rants and come up with a FIX

great too do all the work for them to debug it...

jack555555 wrote: yea, i confirm, immediately leveling up crash, reinstalling the game, new game, no mods, delete ini. i hope someone fix this mess

Confirmed CTD: leveling up.
Nice to have a save couple of XPs from the next level...

In response to post #34086870. #34102205, #34103270, #34107980, #34114000 are all replies on the same post.

Brumear wrote: I think its to do with leveling...
Game runs great till I reach a new level and then it CTD can run all over the place if I don't get XP to next level.
lecter66100 wrote: any solutions to that?
Brumear wrote: Nope

Tried all the Ideas I seen here and nothing

Uninstall/Reinstall, No Mods, Delete INI Files, don't have gore mod

just got to wait for the Muppet's to hear all the Rants and come up with a FIX

great too do all the work for them to debug it...

jack555555 wrote: yea, i confirm, immediately leveling up crash, reinstalling the game, new game, no mods, delete ini. i hope someone fix this mess
tsadang wrote: Confirmed CTD: leveling up.
Nice to have a save couple of XPs from the next level...

Reinstalled Steam and Game might of did it then mods one at a time...

No idea what I did but its all working again..

I hope... Edited by Brumear

In response to post #34112330. #34113665, #34113855 are all replies on the same post.

Fredthehound wrote: Such a simple fix! All I had to do was delete the game, search through my computer for any possible cached/saved files and dump them, reinstall my video drivers, verify the game integrity and reboot.

Now I have all my textures (so far) back and I made it to the Nora death scene. Piece of cake. Of course I have to make up for 72 levels that went bye bye in the update-shaped mushroom cloud but it's a small price to pay really. Barely noticeable in fact.

Well, that and reinstalling the mods. And fighting the inevitable battles there.

Bethesda almost makes me wish for a nuclear winter ...
arroya wrote: I disabled all of my mods. started a new game new character. And got to the Nora Death Scene and Bam CTD once again ... I am not sure what Else to do. Gonna delete then reinstall. And start with the ENB and work my way down I guess. I really Don't Know what else to do BTW here are my system specs

CPU
Intel Core i7 @ 2.80GHz 57 °C
Crystal Well 22nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 800MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
Alienware Alienware 17 R2 (SOCKET 0) 28 °C
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz)
Intel Iris Pro Graphics 5200 (Dell)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X (Dell) 42 °C
ForceWare version: 361.75
SLI Disabled
Storage
931GB Hitachi HGST HTS721010A9E630 (SATA) 36 °C
476GB SAMSUNG SSD PM851 M.2 2280 512GB (SSD)
Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected
Audio
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)

Fredthehound wrote: After that post I reinstalled the verdant wasteland/CBBE/True Storms/landscape textures and Armorsmith. I am right back to the screwed up missing texture fiasco, now with trippy acid flashback 'trailers'.

Beth did something seriously incompatible with mods. I dunno what. Probably the gameworks stuff as I am on AMD R390 Crossfire. But I think we are screwed until either they fix their whatever or modders figure out WTF to do to adapt to it.

Well it looks to be a problem with Crossfire's drivers. At least in my case. Disabling crossfire returned my textures and cleared up the acid trails. Returning to Crossfire brought them back.

I was using the "1x1" mode and retried in 'default" with success so far.

I dunno if it's just my setup or a more widespread issue, but for my fellow multi card AMD (and possibly Nvidia too) users, the drivers may need a fix. If you are experiencing the texture or crash issue, try disabling SLI/Crossfire and see if things change.

In response to post #34115760.

Ravenring wrote: After the Patch gore overhaul is not compatible with homemaker.Homemaker has mutant items settlement.When i scroll the mutant items my game crash.Delete gore overhaul game runs fine

can you tell me what files exactly come with the gore overhaul im thinking maybe it didint remove all of them when i hit uninstall from nmm

In response to post #34069750. #34071025 is also a reply to the same post.

Oddball_E8 wrote: Well, no CTD yet, and I can use the settlement build menu...

HOWEVER, my position on the map is now indicated with the Power Armour symbol, and the position of my last used Power Armour is indicated with a cave symbol.

Also, I suspect some of the weapon effects aren't working properly.
MohrDhread wrote: My mods seem to be working, but I get CTD's after a few seconds after loading game. Guess we'll have to wait either for mod updates and/or some other fix for this.

Some minimap mods cause this. I disabled my map mod and it went back to normal. Using Satellite Pipboy Map now, works like a charm.

In response to post #34107225. #34110340, #34110380, #34113860 are all replies on the same post.

Augusta Calidia wrote: In the past I waited at least a year before buying and playing a Bethesda RPG. This time I did not. I decided I would suffer with everyone else. I waited a month after Fallout 4 came out and then took the plunge.

The result? Fallout 4 has turned out to be the most stable Bethesda game I have ever played. I have logged almost 200 hours of game play, and I have not experienced one single CTD. I have 32 mods installed via NMM, organize with LOOT, launch with F4SE, and run the game with ultra settings. I installed the beta patch (now out of beta) when it was first made available. The patch improved game play and graphics and was never a problem.

Thank you, Bethesda, for such a stable and fun game.
Roguer wrote: You are either very lucky, or very untruthful.
printerkop wrote: Very lucky for sure..
spanian77 wrote: No guys, he just being careful of what he installs (mods), at least that's what I do and to all of my experience with game ( bought 10 days after it's release) I've CTD two times (random).
So yeah, I believe him.

Same here, did have a two CDT's after the patch but uninstalled a few mods I barely used/ wouldn't mind missing, and removed/rebuild the ini's (apart from custom) and have not seen any CTD after it. Still 54 .esp mods installed (incl. several that add items to build menu and many texture mods) and an unknown amount of non-esp mods.

No idea what mod caused it, or what ini setting. But have leveled twice, have built stuff in settlements, have seen a fair bit of combat and no CDT's all evening.

CTD's since release are minimal and up till now 100% linked to freshly installed mods, CTD's that vanished right after removing said mods.