⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Fallout 4 1.3 Update Now Official!

SirSalami

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #34122410. #34125425 is also a reply to the same post.

nemesisgx wrote: every time i kill a raider or kill someone i get CTD i dont have BLOOD/GORE/ANY texture of body install beside CBBE and that doesn't do anything i try uninstalling it and didnt fix the problem did any one got the dame issues ir had should say the same with CTD when killing someone please let me know ..

Well this is why i have my game on a disk no steam bull s#*! nothing just need to uninstall and install good to go and will stay away from the update till later the GECK is out if i recall SKYRIM had the same issues
Centerman wrote: I have a similar issue when I am having a gun battle. I think it's a rogue texture. Try renaming the folder to test.

nope i try that already i been trying to remove one by one each mod see what happens my worse fear is that im going to have to remove the game and start all over and pray that the saves are not corrupted....

thanks anyway..ahhh feels like skyrim all over again ..
Edited by nemesisgx

In response to post #34122410. #34125425, #34128655 are all replies on the same post.

nemesisgx wrote: every time i kill a raider or kill someone i get CTD i dont have BLOOD/GORE/ANY texture of body install beside CBBE and that doesn't do anything i try uninstalling it and didnt fix the problem did any one got the dame issues ir had should say the same with CTD when killing someone please let me know ..

Well this is why i have my game on a disk no steam bull s#*! nothing just need to uninstall and install good to go and will stay away from the update till later the GECK is out if i recall SKYRIM had the same issues
Centerman wrote: I have a similar issue when I am having a gun battle. I think it's a rogue texture. Try renaming the folder to test.
nemesisgx wrote: nope i try that already i been trying to remove one by one each mod see what happens my worse fear is that im going to have to remove the game and start all over and pray that the saves are not corrupted....

thanks anyway..ahhh feels like skyrim all over again ..

"Well this is why i have my game on a disk no steam bull s*** nothing just need to uninstall and install good to go and will stay away from the update till later the GECK is out if i recall SKYRIM had the same issues"

The game uses SteamWorks, which means there is no such thing as a non-Steam version.

In response to post #34125875.

flapsketch wrote: Turns off my mods every time I start the launcher. Just have to reactivate them a couple times, while the launcher is open but that's the only problem I've encountered.

That is an old problem man, if you use NMM and launch from there it will be fine.

In response to post #34120820. #34125460 is also a reply to the same post.

Zeus11bangbang wrote: My game doesnt CTD but my textures are all over the place. Unplayable. The ground is clear, for example, and I can see another ground 80 feet below that one. Turned off all Mods, uninstalled Fallout 4... nothing helps. Any advice? Im in the process of uninstalling all mods, fallout 4 and steam then reinstalling but any help would be nice.
Fredthehound wrote: I had that problem. Seems to be a driver crash in my case.

I have AMD R 380s crossfired. I reinstalled the drivers and rebooted. I also had to switch to the 'default' setting in crossfire. Maybe something in that can guide you toward a solution for your box.

I sometimes see textures either flicker or disappear depending on how I pan the camera. I tried the same save with the backup exes and data (without the new update) and the issue doesn't happen.

Sometimes when I lower the ambient occlusion or shut it off, it diminishes the issue. I am thinking this might be a cumulative problem with AO + the updated way the game renders/loads textures upon getting into the cell (from a load screen).

In response to post #34107225. #34110340, #34110380, #34113860, #34117570, #34123370, #34125160 are all replies on the same post.

Augusta Calidia wrote: In the past I waited at least a year before buying and playing a Bethesda RPG. This time I did not. I decided I would suffer with everyone else. I waited a month after Fallout 4 came out and then took the plunge.

The result? Fallout 4 has turned out to be the most stable Bethesda game I have ever played. I have logged almost 200 hours of game play, and I have not experienced one single CTD. I have 32 mods installed via NMM, organize with LOOT, launch with F4SE, and run the game with ultra settings. I installed the beta patch (now out of beta) when it was first made available. The patch improved game play and graphics and was never a problem.

Thank you, Bethesda, for such a stable and fun game.
Roguer wrote: You are either very lucky, or very untruthful.
printerkop wrote: Very lucky for sure..
spanian77 wrote: No guys, he just being careful of what he installs (mods), at least that's what I do and to all of my experience with game ( bought 10 days after it's release) I've CTD two times (random).
So yeah, I believe him.
defectiv wrote: Same here, did have a two CDT's after the patch but uninstalled a few mods I barely used/ wouldn't mind missing, and removed/rebuild the ini's (apart from custom) and have not seen any CTD after it. Still 54 .esp mods installed (incl. several that add items to build menu and many texture mods) and an unknown amount of non-esp mods.

No idea what mod caused it, or what ini setting. But have leveled twice, have built stuff in settlements, have seen a fair bit of combat and no CDT's all evening.

CTD's since release are minimal and up till now 100% linked to freshly installed mods, CTD's that vanished right after removing said mods.
arroya wrote: Name some of the mods you removed please I may have some
Vashdakkari wrote: I've got to jump on the stability train too, F4 has been rock solid for me, and I've been playing since day one. It's possible that maybe it's CTD'd once or twice in my 243 hours of play, but those have been exceptions so infrequent that I can't honestly remember if it's happened or not.

That's not to say i haven't crashed due to mods, cause Lord knows I've crashed repeatedly to mods. But once i get the mod sorted (sometimes deleted), or the nif corrected, it's been bubblegum and lollipops. My only complaint is how the load time goes up when you have more mods installed. Hopefully the patch fixes some of that, but i can't blame the game for mods slowing my load times, because without mods the game loads rather quick.

There's a good chance he's not BS-ing, I have a couple hundred hours in it and have never had a CTD that wasn't related to a mod, and once I fixed my 1.3 by disabling the gore overhaul mod it works wonders, I don't get fps drops in the city anymore and the new HBAO+ is a dream come true, the PhysX is cool I guess but I don't even notice it most of the time.

In response to post #34107225. #34110340, #34110380, #34113860, #34117570, #34123370, #34125160, #34131120 are all replies on the same post.

Augusta Calidia wrote: In the past I waited at least a year before buying and playing a Bethesda RPG. This time I did not. I decided I would suffer with everyone else. I waited a month after Fallout 4 came out and then took the plunge.

The result? Fallout 4 has turned out to be the most stable Bethesda game I have ever played. I have logged almost 200 hours of game play, and I have not experienced one single CTD. I have 32 mods installed via NMM, organize with LOOT, launch with F4SE, and run the game with ultra settings. I installed the beta patch (now out of beta) when it was first made available. The patch improved game play and graphics and was never a problem.

Thank you, Bethesda, for such a stable and fun game.
Roguer wrote: You are either very lucky, or very untruthful.
printerkop wrote: Very lucky for sure..
spanian77 wrote: No guys, he just being careful of what he installs (mods), at least that's what I do and to all of my experience with game ( bought 10 days after it's release) I've CTD two times (random).
So yeah, I believe him.
defectiv wrote: Same here, did have a two CDT's after the patch but uninstalled a few mods I barely used/ wouldn't mind missing, and removed/rebuild the ini's (apart from custom) and have not seen any CTD after it. Still 54 .esp mods installed (incl. several that add items to build menu and many texture mods) and an unknown amount of non-esp mods.

No idea what mod caused it, or what ini setting. But have leveled twice, have built stuff in settlements, have seen a fair bit of combat and no CDT's all evening.

CTD's since release are minimal and up till now 100% linked to freshly installed mods, CTD's that vanished right after removing said mods.
arroya wrote: Name some of the mods you removed please I may have some
Vashdakkari wrote: I've got to jump on the stability train too, F4 has been rock solid for me, and I've been playing since day one. It's possible that maybe it's CTD'd once or twice in my 243 hours of play, but those have been exceptions so infrequent that I can't honestly remember if it's happened or not.

That's not to say i haven't crashed due to mods, cause Lord knows I've crashed repeatedly to mods. But once i get the mod sorted (sometimes deleted), or the nif corrected, it's been bubblegum and lollipops. My only complaint is how the load time goes up when you have more mods installed. Hopefully the patch fixes some of that, but i can't blame the game for mods slowing my load times, because without mods the game loads rather quick.
Cambrin12 wrote: There's a good chance he's not BS-ing, I have a couple hundred hours in it and have never had a CTD that wasn't related to a mod, and once I fixed my 1.3 by disabling the gore overhaul mod it works wonders, I don't get fps drops in the city anymore and the new HBAO+ is a dream come true, the PhysX is cool I guess but I don't even notice it most of the time.

Why would he be lying?

I mean he totally could be, but people usually post to report a problem or to complain. Posts to actually praise something are rare. So maybe we should just trust it? I want to backup his claims.

I have 184 mods installed, run every 4k texture I can find - 4k helps immensely on a 55'' Low latency Sony TV (17ms) - as seen below;

http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/

When I first installed this latest patch I got a tonne of CTD's - my first ever with Fallout 4. It soon was discovered that Gore Overhaul was to blame.

Prior to patch, on everything Ultra I would average about 50fps with a i7 2600k @ 5.0gz, 16gb ram and a GTX980 (Gigabyte G1) - and low fps was around 35-40fps. I had to play with Shadow quality and distance medium and god rays to high to get a smooth 60fps with lowest fps of 58.

I now play with everything ultra, even the new ambient occlusion and particle effects on ultra and I get 60fps everywhere. I also removed a lot of the old tweaks from my ini files as I feel they were not needed anymore (such as texture loading edits etc). My loading times have improved, albeit by not much - but on average by about 5 to 7 seconds.

To get the most out of your game I would recommend using vanilla ini files with the new patch and then only edit things you need (fov, camera edits etc) and completely avoid performance ini changes. Don't do the texture load edits, don't add edits to use all threads or thread the different components of the engine. Avoid increasing gridstoload, grass distance, view distances past ultra.

Don't touch things like bforcesmoothness (which has NOTHING to do with your mouse)...also be careful using things like the Geforce guide to tweaking FO4, as while most of the edits there each only consume 1-5 frames per second, eventually the 8-9 edits they recommend eat up 10-20 fps! The guys who make those tweaks have a gtx980ti as their reference guide - so be wary.

These edits will only slow down your game - trust me!

I wish the best of luck to the rest of you - happy gaming!

Regards,

Tony

P.S If you guys have a Nvidia card, try changing max pre rendered frames to 1 and see if that improves any fps, or try a lower setting like 4. Lower settings will help remove stutters but increase input lag.

Another neat trick that increased some fps for me and eliminated stuttering was playing in fullscreen windowed mode.

Lastly, try to untick motion blur and see if that helps or not.

Take care all! Edited by sydney666

In response to post #34123030.

arroya wrote: I've pinpointed my crashes. I am crashing when entering and exiting certain areas. For example with everything on ultra to include weapon debris I played a solid 30 mins fast traveled from Jamaica Plain to coastal cottage ran to Salem discovered the convalescent home went inside of it killed the zombies that spawned from the TRD mod. Exited killed some supermtants and ran to dunwhich borers killed everything but crashed when trying to enter it. I also crash when running past the townhall where you met Preston Garvey in concord.

I had the same problem with Dunwich Borers. After doing some reading and testing, it turns out that in my case the culprit was the Architecture module from Grafix. Disabling it allowed me to enter the mine. So for now my game works, but is a little uglier.

In response to post #34123030. #34131425 is also a reply to the same post.

arroya wrote: I've pinpointed my crashes. I am crashing when entering and exiting certain areas. For example with everything on ultra to include weapon debris I played a solid 30 mins fast traveled from Jamaica Plain to coastal cottage ran to Salem discovered the convalescent home went inside of it killed the zombies that spawned from the TRD mod. Exited killed some supermtants and ran to dunwhich borers killed everything but crashed when trying to enter it. I also crash when running past the townhall where you met Preston Garvey in concord.
frobac wrote: I had the same problem with Dunwich Borers. After doing some reading and testing, it turns out that in my case the culprit was the Architecture module from Grafix. Disabling it allowed me to enter the mine. So for now my game works, but is a little uglier.

hmm I have the Grafix stuff ill uninstall architecture and see what happens

In response to post #34086870. #34102205, #34103270, #34107980, #34114000, #34114870, #34119640, #34122990 are all replies on the same post.

Brumear wrote: I think its to do with leveling...
Game runs great till I reach a new level and then it CTD can run all over the place if I don't get XP to next level.
lecter66100 wrote: any solutions to that?
Brumear wrote: Nope

Tried all the Ideas I seen here and nothing

Uninstall/Reinstall, No Mods, Delete INI Files, don't have gore mod

just got to wait for the Muppet's to hear all the Rants and come up with a FIX

great too do all the work for them to debug it...

jack555555 wrote: yea, i confirm, immediately leveling up crash, reinstalling the game, new game, no mods, delete ini. i hope someone fix this mess
tsadang wrote: Confirmed CTD: leveling up.
Nice to have a save couple of XPs from the next level...
Brumear wrote: Reinstalled Steam and Game might of did it then mods one at a time...

No idea what I did but its all working again..

I hope...
lecter66100 wrote: tried redoing ini's, no gore, no texture mods, running without any mods crashes the game in one second, it's beta, that's why it crashes they said.. wait for official they said..
jack555555 wrote: never autoupdate again! lost a whole day looking for solution(the game is unplayable, is true! ). solution: back to 1.2.37.00.

Same here. Just before few xps to level up, all seems fine. No mod for any leveling system.