PipOS error 26 (file not found)

iliev77

Hello there,

I recently decided to finally get into Fallout 3 with proper mods. I followed a guide on steam and it worked pretty good. However, after installing Hi-Res Weapons v3 (loading conflict with unoffical patch and FO3 Weapon Retexture Project) , this error message appeared on certain weapons (chinese assault rifle). I tried to completly unistall the game, even going as far as following a guide on nexus on how to properly uinstall and delete everything, with no success. In fact, I'm not even sure if this is caused by these mods, since the same error appears with the buzzsaw, even though these mods don't interact with it in any way. Is there anything I can do at this point?

Used mods:

Hi-Res Weapons v3

FO3-WRP - Weapon Retexture Project

Updated Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch

CASM

NMCs Texture

Thanks in advance.

From the warnings I have read in the comments of Updated Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch, the newest version is not compatible with only a few mods that have provided a patch for it.

Did you completely delete the Fallout 3 records found in My Documents/My Games? Did you restart your computer after the uninstall? Did you run a registry cleaner after the uninstall?

If you are using VORTEX to manage your game it may or may not install the older FoMods correctly. In which case you would have to install them manually.

The error message you are getting is just letting you know the game cannot find the pipboy image for the weapons. It does indicate a problem, but not a game breaking one.

Edited by M48A5

Yeah, I deleted those in My Documents/My Games. Also did a registry cleaning afterwards and restarted my computer. Hmm would Vortex be able to install them if they are too old since they did work. I'm out of ideas on how to get rid of this.

From previous post: "If you are using VORTEX to manage your game it may or may not install the older FoMods correctly. In which case you would have to install them manually."

"The error message you are getting is just letting you know the game cannot find the pipboy image for the weapons. It does indicate a problem, but not a game breaking one."

Added: The pipboy error is telling you the game cannot find the icon for the object. It in no way effects the game. I have seen this a few times in some mods.

Manually installing the mod sadly did not fix the problem. Also, I should have stated earlier that the weapons are also invisible and can't be used (not firing for example).

Edit: In an unexpected turn of events, it turns out the weapon ID from the website I used is wrong (00046BDD was supposed to be the chinese aussault rifle. The real ID is 0000080B) which is why the weapon never functioned properly.

Edited by iliev77