Too many Script-Intensive mods

anzeroth

• 2 weeks later...

I believe I found the problem. Immersive beds. I’ve had a problem with it before, ver 1.00, and uninstalled it, now I tried 1.01 and uninstalling it seems to have fixed the script lag. Convenient horses show my average back to where it was at the beginning of my play threw. It’s a shame because I really liked the concept of Immersive Beds. It just seems to get stuck causing random errors in the interaction of crafting stations and the like. Could be a conflict with one of my other mods, or my processor, but there it is. Thanks to Convenient Horses and Frostfall for your useful built in diagnostic routines. Much appreciated.

Edited by rothguard

I'm really wondering what was the solution. My frostfall is telling me that it took about 50 seconds for the scripts to update, damn (it shouldn't be above 20 and around 5-7 is recommended)...
I'm gonna try those ini tweaks and maybe try to read papyrus log

i'm also going to add that tweaking your papyrus will lead to ctd's, freezing etc if you go full retard.

Just a heads up.

Leave it alone if you don't know what you're doing. Consider dropping script intensive mods and settle for a stable and playable Skyrim.

Sorry that I did not post this solution to the problem before but here it is:

The problem for me was not actually that the scripts were lagging by themselves, but that a script had malfuctioned and was causing other scripts to lag as well.

Now, I was unable to find a fix for fixing the bad script but I did use this tool http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31724/? which at first looked like it had solved my issue but after a week of playing it had not.

What actually fixed the issue was this tutorial http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31675/?. This made it possible for me to remove all scripts from my savegame. Firstly, I unistalled all mods (actually you only need to uninstall all mods that have scripts, but I disabled them all just to be safe), waited for 10 minutes or so of real time in Skyrim and then did a clean save. Then I followed the tutorial and removed all scripts from my savegame. After that I installed all my previous mods, one-by-one and launched the game several times to check if the problem was still there (and if you still find the problem, then make sure to note down which mod is causing that).

That was all I did. Now if this does not work for you, I cannot help you. Though it is advisable, that if you find which mod causes the script lag, you can contact the author of the mod for further assistance.

:blush: