CTD when waiting overnight

Minghas

As the title says, I'm having a crash whenever I try to wait at nighttime or fast travel to a city.
This wasn't the first time I was crashing with the modded setup I was trying to make, so this time I was installing mods in groups of four. It only started to crash after installing Talos Bridge Gatehouse, Supreme Magicka Update, Black Horse Courier Expanded and Immersive Weapons. Even after uninstalling those four mods, it still keeps crashing.

I followed Bevilex's modlist and instructions correctly and everything worked after installing them, so I don't think it's caused by any of those mods.
I installed everything with Wrye Bash and used BOSS v2.3.1 to sort them, as latest version doesn't work.

I am also using Cyrodiil ENB.

My Modlist:

00 Oblivion.esm
01 All Natural Base.esm [Version 1.38]
02 CustomSpellIcons.esm
03 Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp [Version 3.5.6b]
04 UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp [Version 1.0.0]
++ Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp
05 DLCShiveringIsles.esp
06 Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp [Version 1.5.9a]
07 All Natural.esp [Version 1.38]
08 All Natural - SI.esp [Version 1.38]
09 BrumasNorthernLights.esp
0A Consistent Beggar Voices.esp
0B Idle Dialogue.esp [Version 1.3]
0C GOSH.esp
0D All Natural - Real Lights.esp [Version 1.38]
++ GOSH - All Natural Patch.esp [Version 1.0]
0E WindowLightingSystem.esp
++ 00 Realistic Player Speech.esp
0F DialogTweaks.esp [Version 1.2.1]
++ Generic Name Overhaul.esp
10 More Effective Enchantments.esp [Version 3.1]
11 QQuix - Rock, rock, rock your ship - V3.esp
12 Shop Visitors.esp
13 Populated Prisons.esp [Version 1.2]
14 LootMenu.esp
15 MigMiscellanea.esp [Version 1.9.1]
16 MigWolfRestore.esp [Version 1.0]
17 Dynamic Map.esp [Version 2.1.1]
18 Map Marker Overhaul.esp [Version 3.9.3]
19 Map Marker Overhaul - SI additions.esp [Version 3.9.3]
1A Enhanced Hotkeys.esp [Version 2.3.1]
1B DLCHorseArmor.esp
1C DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.0.9]
1D DLCOrrery.esp
1E DLCOrrery - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.0.7]
1F DLCVileLair.esp
20 DLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.0.11]
21 DLCMehrunesRazor.esp
22 DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.0.7]
23 DLCSpellTomes.esp
++ DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.0.1]
** EVE_StockEquipmentReplacer.esp
++ MaleBodyReplacerV5.esp
** Weapon Improvement Project.esp [Version 1.9]
24 DLCThievesDen.esp
25 DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.0.15]
26 DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.esp [Version 1.0.14]
** Alluring Wine Bottles.esp
27 Weapon Expansion Pack for Oblivion Nthusiasts.esp
28 0WeynonPrioryAlive.esp
29 Fighters Guild Quests.esp
2A RoadLights.esp
2B Mages Guild Quests.esp
2C Sinderion.esp
2D 24HrArenaAliveV2.esp
2E DLCBattlehornCastle.esp
2F DLCBattlehornCastle - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.0.12]
30 DLCFrostcrag.esp
31 DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.0.10]
32 BrumaGuildReconstructed.esp [Version 1.0.3]
33 Knights.esp
34 Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.1.8]
35 Oblivion Uncut.esp
36 SM Plugin Refurbish Lite.esp
** EVE_KnightsoftheNine.esp
37 MannimarcoRevisited.esp
38 MannimarcoWardrobeChest.esp
++ MannimarcoRevisited UOP Patch.esp
39 00SnowyRoadToBruma.esp
++ DLCFrostcrag-SnowyRoad Patch.esp
3A HackdirtAlive.esp
3B Auto Update Leveled Items And Spells.esp [Version 1.2.5]
3C Banes Guilds United.esp
++ Banes Guilds United FGQuests patch.esp
++ Banes Guilds United BrumaGuild patch.esp
** PotionReplacer.esp
++ Enemy Weapons dont drop.esp
3D EVE_ShiveringIslesEasterEggs.esp
3E GMArcheryRebalance.esp [Version 1.0]
** Grass Overhaul.esp
3F GuildAdvancementBGU.esp
** Improved Fires and Flames - Increased Sound.esp
++ Lush & Gaudy Damn Greens.esp
++ Lush & Gaudy Damn Greens GC CH Tree Cull 5.esp
40 Lush & Gaudy Give Me Some Moor Trees.esp
++ Lush & Gaudy FG.esp
41 Lush and Gaudy Palms.esp
42 P1DkeyChain.esp [Version 5.00]
++ Enhanced Vegetation SI.esp
43 Skill Perk Descriptions.esp [Version 1.1]
44 tbskGuardsFeatures.esp
45 EnchantmentMastery.esp
46 No psychic guards harder v1.2.esp
47 kuerteeCrimeHasWitnesses.esp
48 Archery Rebalance.esp
49 Smarter Mercantile Leveling - Multi.esp
4A All+5AttributeModifiers.esp
4B TimeEnough.esp
4C Oblivion_Character_Overhaul.esp [Version 2.0]
++ Kart Hair Replace v01.esp
** OCO DLC Faces.esp
++ OCO_Eyes_Fix.esp
** NPC Hair Matches Beard.esp
4D Falling Leaves.esp [Version 1.0]
** All Natural - Indoor Weather Filter For Mods.esp [Version 1.38]
4E Bashed Patch, 0.esp

Please help me, I'm losing my mind trying to make Oblivion work.

How big is your save file(s)? Boh the Bethesda save file and the obse save file? I got fast travel problems when my save file went to 60Mb and I did had some string bloats in my OBSE save as well so before I did something about it, it went to 7Mb and my Home mod was one of them that created the bloats, which I fixed but it still leaks some strings. Check the String bloats in your obse.log as well, in case you have many of those.

I did tried to uninstall loads of mods I do not use any longer but did not managed to get under 55Mb in the savefile size, so I started a new game.

So you only get problems over night or always when sleeping? There is something in Oblivion.ini that points to something that do not exist, but I cannot recall what it was nor find it right now. Otherwise when I google it, I find many reasons why it happens as all reports different solutions to how they did solve it.

Edited by Pellape

The save file is 1 MB; OBSE's save file is 79 KB.

At first I thought it was because I had used the speedrun strat to exit the sewers (i.e., clip through a bunch of walls), which leads to Baurus being outside, going to Cloud Ruler Temple but thinking he's still in the sewers, so I started a new game and did the tutorial segment normally, without glitching.

Edited by Minghas

I am still searching for the thread here where I got this issue solved... DAMN it is here somewhere from last autumn... :/

Using TCL and run through stuff will not cause this problem so you can keep doing that for sure.

I have to give up. We do write a lot here over time. Lets hope someone else remember what to delete from the oblivion.ini to make it possible to sleep. Meanwhile, post a list of your mods here as well in case someone of them is causing this problem.

I gave it another try and googled it and here is how I did solve my sleeping crash problem inside the Oblivion.ini file:

STrackLevelUpPath=\\vault\TES4\LevelData\

and delete everything after the "="

I do hop this solve your problem as it sure solved it for me, otherwise google it in case you do not get more advices...

Nope, still crashes when trying to fast travel anywhere.

I do appreciate your help and I really hope someone is able to fix this, because I still have some more mods to install (the bigger ones, but it's not much) and I'd like to fix this before adding more to the mix.

Well what mods are you using??? Do not say you use Better cities?? ;) Put your modlist here so we are able to help you at all.

Well one tip if fast travel do not work is to open console and lets say you wanna go to a mine called Wasted Mine or Stinking Cave, then the trick is to type it without checking the UESP is:

coc wastedmineexterior
coc stinkingcaveexterior

as that is what I had to do with my 60Mb save file.

Well what mods are you using??? Do not say you use Better cities?? :wink: Put your modlist here so we are able to help you at all.

Well one tip if fast travel do not work is to open console and lets say you wanna go to a mine called Wasted Mine or Stinking Cave, then the trick is to type it without checking the UESP is:

coc wastedmineexterior
coc stinkingcaveexterior

as that is what I had to do with my 60Mb save file.

Doing "coc [location]" works fine, console-traveled to Bruma and did regular fast travel from the North Gate to the East Gate, but it crashed when I tried to fast-travel to the IC Market.

As for the modlist, I've already listed it in the first post, under a spoiler. I don't like Better Cities.

The rest of the mods I've yet to install are Curse of Hircine Ressurected (and its extra addons), ImpeREAL City Unique Districts / Forts / Castles, Better Dungeons, Reclaiming Sancre Tor, Roads of Cyrodiil, Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul, DB Chronicles, Unidirectional Attack & Vanilla Combat Enhanced, Pickpocket Skill Overhaul (and Fundament), Sutch Village, Kvatch Rebuilt, Unique Landscapes, Knights of the Nine Revelations, Elsweyr Anequina and any patches that they need to work with the rest of the mods.

But again, I can't install them and see if they work without fixing this crash first.

Damn I think I missed it - It is a long list for sure and 1 or more are causing you problems for sure. I stopped using Dynamic map as it takes so long time to load it every time I wanna see the map.

Oblivion is a bit sensitive for changes really. I do suggest you uncheck mods and try to find which one that that cause the problems as it might also be that some mods do conflict with eachothers. Disable the mods that make enviromental changes first and dynamic map, well disable everything and activate a couple of mods in a time and sleep and fast travel each test. This is the only way. I did a similar mistake when I started playing, installed loads of environmental stuff and broke the game. If you are lucky, it is only one of the mods that causes your problems but as your list differ a lot from mine, it is very hard to say which one.

You could also start all over from scratch as I had to do that a year ago. Only install the absolute needed mods, one in a time and test them before installing the next one. I saw you install road lights? Well the more light sources you add, the more lag you will also have I guess. Light is cool but each and every light source must be calculated by the game, both for shadows and reflections. We do need light, no doubt, but not to much. I think I added 12 light sources outside my house, so... ;)

When you get the game working - MOO works very very nice together with WAC... My tip of the day...