Skyrim crash to desktop, help please

micka190

Ok, so I'm not a noob when it comes to modding. I've been modding my game for about a year and a half now, but now, I've run into a CTD that just leaves me confused.

So I've installed a few mods and I've checked with BOSS to see if there was any problems/dirty edits. There where little to no dirty edits but I've cleaned them up, I start my game and... crash.

As soon as the game passes the Bethesda Softworks emblem, the game crashes to desktop...

Now, I've reinstalled from a totaly deleted game and I get the same problem. what could the problem be?

Mods used:
Achieve That!
Alternate start
Bandolier - Bags and Pouches
better dialogue controls
categorized favorites
Character creation overhaul
Cloaks of Skyrim (with dawnguard patch)
convenient horses
Deadly Dragons
dynavision
Immersive armors
Immersive weapons
Immersive HUD
Locational Damage
Lockpicking Overhaul
Move it Dammit
My home is your Home
No more blocky faces
Predator Vision
Pure Waters (and dawnguard patch)
RaceMenu
Realistic Needs and Diseases
ReProccer
SkyRealism - Time and travel
SkyUI
T3ndo's Skyrim Redone
Think to yourself messages
The Dance of Death
UFO (Dawnguard, Heartfire and DrawAll patches)
Unofficial Patches (Skyrim, heartfire and Dawnguard)
Warburgs Paper Map
Wet and Cold
Winter is Coming cloaks

If you know any incompabilities please let me know. If you need my load order, feel free to ask. I've been stuck with this problem for a while now.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I forgot to mention, the only DLC I don't have/use is DragonBorn.

T3ndo's Skyrim Redone requires Dragonborn or youll crash at the Bethesda logo

I'm actually using the last update before Dragonborn so it shouldn't cause any problems (and didn't before)

Nop that shouldn't, but crash at the logo means you have a master missing on a plugin, so either your load order is wrong (where a plugin to a master is listed above its master) or one of your plugins relies on a DLC which you don't have. So check the masters on each plugin and find which one it is :)

Btw, I was taking a shower and just thought: your most likely candidate is ReProccer, since it adds each plugin it processes as master. So if you removed a plugin which it had listed you will CTD due to it missing a master.

Rerun Reproccer...

ok, so I never used ReProccer before and I had simply used the NMM installer and didn't do anything with it. I didn't even run the .jar or anything. That probably didn't help...

I've found the problem. Thanks to Prod80 for the help :smile:

Apparently my Realistic Needs and Diseases Patch included a Dragonborn patch.

ReProccer told me there was a missing masters for the RND_PatchDragonborn.esm so, using Wrye Bash, I deactivated it and it did the trick for the main menu. Got to go to work now, so I'll see if there's anymore problems with the in-game stuff or if it's all fixed later.

Again thanks for the help.

Edited by micka190