Disable 3rd Person Toggle?

EyeofMobius

Hello Everyone,

I am seek a way to disable the toggling of the POV either by mod or by command or by something else unknown to me.

Here is the situation:

I play skyrim on my PC with a Razer Onza TE controller. I am using a bunch of mods including 'Dual Wield Parrying.' The controller is id'd as an xbox controller and seems to refuse any keybinding changes. POV is assigned to the 'Right Stick' which is where I want to put the Block button for the 'Dual Wield Parrying' mod.

Here is the list of solutions I have attempted:

-Razer product support faqs & guides.

-Xbox controller remapper mod.

-Enhanced 3rd person Camera mod.

-Reassigning buttons in vanilla menus.

-Placing head on desk in dejected fashion hoping for pity from my computer.

-Asking for help here.

In an ideal world I would really like to have the POV toggle to be assigned an override choice command in an MCM menu.

Thanks in advance for anyone with possible solutions, answers and productive discussion contributions.

• 1 month later...

In case anyone is wondering, here is another solution that does not work: Editing the data\interface\controls\pc\controlmap.txt file.

No matter what key you change the "Toggle POV" command to (including 0xFF, which is supposed to mean disabled) the game magically associates the right stick with the "Toggle POV" command.

I have edited this file extensively and all other changes work as expected.

I too am trying to use the right stick click for something else and I can't get it unbound.

Edited by spjorko

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, sorry for digging an old question, if it concerns anyone

I would suggest downloading any mod for controller keys changing (I'm using this one: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/246/ ), and then edit the controlmap.txt file accordingly (replace whatever binding of the Toggle POV to 0xff). If you ever customized any controls via in-game menu, you must also "reset defaults" in the game menu -> controls (or instead you can delete the Controlmap_custom file in the Skyrim folder).

I am using Logitech Chillstream controller (x360 version, an awesome device by the way) and able to unmap the RS (although I do not prefer to). Instead, I have rebound the D-Pad Up hotkey to LB+Start, assigned favorites menu to D-Pad Up and bound a mod button (iHUD's toggle HUD) to Back :D

Edited by Ubeogesh