New Reloading Animations?

ImNoGhoul

So I've been annoyed at the default reloading animations ever since I started playing, and the DLC let me down even more. So I had an idea while looking at Heffy's AKs and AR15s mod:(http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/42970/?)

Would it be possible to make new reloading animations for the weapons.

I haven't done any research on whether or not it's possible, but this would make gameplay much better. I already know of some of the restrictions that the game engine has, but this would be superb to have.

joefoxx082's Weapon Animation Replacers adds a whole bunch of custom, professionally-made animations, including reload animations.

If you're still not satisfied - yes, it is possible to create new animations. It's even not that complicated, actually (provided you are familiar enough with using some 3D software). However, bear in mind that it is a very long and tedious process, even for a professional animator.

(Lolz on the Barack Obama tag ;D )

Edited by jazzisparis

joefoxx082's Weapon Animation Replacers adds a whole bunch of custom, professionally-made animations, including reload animations.

If you're still not satisfied - yes, it is possible to create new animations. It's even not that complicated, actually (provided you are familiar enough with using some 3D software). However, bear in mind that it is a very long and tedious process, even for a professional animator.

(Lolz on the Barack Obama tag ;D )

I'm quite aware of joefoxx082's work. I can't use it because I've already got Heffy's animations >.<

But what I mean is replacing the current 10mm Pistol animation and using a custom one that will apply to all weapons that use that reloading animation for instance.

I'm pretty sure you can use both, without any conflicts:

Heffy's animations for Heffy's weapons;

WAR animations for all the rest.

Simply install WAP and, when prompted to confirm overwriting existing files, select 'No to All'.

Yeah. I have it working now. They're running along side by side. But they don't add COMPLETELY new reloading animations. Just edits for bullpup weapons etc. :/

If WAR does add bullpup animations it only did by inserting them into an unused already ingame animations that didnt have functioning animations from what I can gather. (2hareloadr.kf and 2hareloads.kf). im looking at the WAR files right now and it lists pretty much every reload c,b,d,f,g,h,i,j,y all for the 3rd person. only like 4 first person reload animations are added in it.

I assume youre talking about first person animations?

those would be the easiest to change since you dont have to fumble around with the rest of the body keyframes like feet placement and stuff. but it would still take a considerable amount of effort.

Edited by MBile

I'm aware of what WAR does, but they use the vanilla animations as a base. What I am hoping for is someone that can make brand new animations from scratch, and yes; I do understand how big of a request that is, but I think the reloading just seems so dodgy in first person. I haven't used third person enough to make a full evaluation.