Daupdater doesn't work

LadyGrim

I cant see any reason why all these processes would fail unless theys an issue with the way the game is installed.

What is the full title of the game and where did you get it from as some of these have non standard installation paths

@LadyGrim; patdc has it right. Both the game and the mod managers (which are usually referred to as "DAMM", "DAM", and "NMM", there's no "DMM") are fairly stable.

Yes, there are some known problems (mostly related to particular hardware) that can cause the game or certain mods to fail. And there are any number of situations where certain mods don't play well with each other. But most issues can be traced to a single cause:

-- Incorrect or incomplete installation or configuration of the mod or manager.

The filepaths are important to Dragon Age mods. And some of them will be (very slightly) different, depending on your specific install mechanism and version (Steam, EA/Origin, retail disc, the UE, etc.) Without a full picture of your environment, exactly which mods and managers you're trying to use, and what you're trying to do with them, we really can't provide the advice you need.

And remember, there are several broad categories of DA mods, each of which requires different handling:

o ".dazip" files - Must be placed in the "\addins" folder. DAMM, DAM, and NMM can handle. This is the ONLY type that DAUpdater can handle, (and NMM currently has issues with the UE version.)

o ".override" files - Can only be manged by DAMM.

o CC mods (ones that change the options within the the Character Creator, e.g. makeup and hairstyles). These have at least two parts; the mod's resources themselves, and the ".xml" file that maps them to the sliders. These must be integrated with your existing ".xml" file. This is not easy for a novice.

So for example: if you add a new hairstyle/colour mod and it works fine, then add another one without doing a manual edit of your ".xml" file (or using Terra_Ex's "CharGenMorph Compiler" to do it for you) you may wipe out the first mod's changes and only the second one will work even though its resouces are still there. You've overwritten the mapping to find them!

So READ THE AUTHOR'S INSTRUCTIONS.

o All others - Depends! The vast majority go in the "\override" folder under the user's profile. If so, these can be handled by DAM (but you have to move the files to the location manually anyway) and NMM.

So again, READ THE AUTHOR'S INSTRUCTIONS.

Bottom line, I use DAMM for ".dazip" and ".override" files, the CharGenMorph Compiler for CC mods, and handle the rest manually. :thumbsup:

You didn't answer patdc's questions:

What was your install mechanism? (Steam, EA/Origin, retail disc, etc.)

What is your game version? (patch-level, and UE-or-not)

What is your exact game-files path?

What is your exact user profile path?

And you didn't answer mine:
You put what, exactly, in what "install directory", and tried to mod what, exactly?

• 1 year later...

I am having the issue, every Dazip installer doesn't work. I have DAOU through Steam, recently my computer went down and I am using a back up, I copy and pasted my game files from my old hardrive so as not to loose my playthrough, now none of the installers work.