Nexus Mod Manager won't work with Witcher 2

just copy the witcher2.exe from the bin folder and paste it on desktop, after that rename the witcher2.exe (in the bin folder) to userContentManager.exe and then put that witcher2.exe from your desktop back to the bin folder where userContentManager.exe is located. That way you have both applications and it means that mod manager should work and the game should start as well, anyway it worked for me so I hope it will work for you. Peace :smile:

Edited by cukac

• 1 month later...

Easy fix, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition\bin and rename the witcher2 application to: userContentManager, this worked for me hopefully it works for you guys

thank you it worked for me as well.

dude thanks lol, its a dumb problem yet the internet is the solution

• 5 months later...

Well, just bought the eminent enhanced edition from GOG, and sadly RedKiT seems to be nowhere to be found!
All old links seems dead, even links on GOG, but this would be the proper solution to actually get the required software...

However, marking your Witcher2.exe, pressing ctrl+c and ctrl+v and renaming the copy to said name will fool NMM to launch... I suspect I could create any file and just name it (usercontentmanager). This solution is not optimal, and one probably won't be able to launch the game from NMM. But now I can at least add mods manually and manage them from NMM ^_^

• 1 year later...

just copy the witcher2.exe from the bin folder and paste it on desktop, after that rename the witcher2.exe (in the bin folder) to userContentManager.exe and then put that witcher2.exe from your desktop back to the bin folder where userContentManager.exe is located. That way you have both applications and it means that mod manager should work and the game should start as well, anyway it worked for me so I hope it will work for you. Peace :smile:

This is what did it for me. Thanks

• 8 months later...

I've tried renaming and moving all the things and no luck.

I have already a userContentManager.exe file in the /bin folder - should I keep it, rename it, remove it? Any help would be much appreciated

Editing to add:

Where mods have been extracted as per instuctions: C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\The Witcher 2\CookedPC

Where the /bin is C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\The Witcher 2\bin (includes also a userContentManager.exe )

And then I have files C:\Users\oskar\Documents\Witcher 2\Config in which the UserContent.ini file only has [PACKAGES] - I saw some thread which made me consider if it should have more text in it?

After moving the original userContentManager away from the folder, creating a copy of witcher2.exe and renaming it to userContentManager.exe, if I launch the game from desktop launcher and click on the "mods" in the launcher, the game just thinks for a moment and then launches the game

Edited by ivoovi