To the Mines! and Caves, and Camps...

JohnsonDown

How about a mod that changes the dungeon respawn?

I'm pretty sure there is already a mod that covers the respawn but I thought it would be better if some caves, dungeons would still respawn with bandints while others doesn't.

Let me explain:

Caves that has no "function" are still respawning with bandits, like Redoran's Retreat near Whiterun.

( Just an example, if you think it has an use tell me )

BUT: T

The Halted Stream Camp for example is rich on iron ore, so it would be only good for the Whiterun Hold if they could send some miners and guards there to dig up the Ore. Instead of all the blood and trash outside it could be cleaned and replaced with some tents, tables, chairs etc. for the miners.

So instead of respawning the bandits, the mine would have a use now. After you cleared the dungeon of course!

You would have a feeling that you have accomplished something in clearing the mine.

I'm sure there are a lot of other caves where you could do this but I didn't search for it, because I just had to write my idea down. :D

If you know some more places where you could do this please let me know!

Please if anyone know how to do this, help me!

I'm ready to try this on my own, but I have no idea how to script,

if it's about scripting.

I already know the one or another thing on the CK but have no idea how to start on this.

So please help me with this if you can and first of all

tell me what you think about this!

I think it has to do more with quest staging, ie after you finish the quest after a certain condition then it goes through stages to be reclaimed by the hold.

however, if you wanted to get really into it, you could then make random bandit attacks on it for them to attempt to reclaim the mine, ie. Embershard Mine.

The thing about Redoran's Retreat, Embershard, etc. is radiant ai quests can generate their quest item to be in there. an example would be Rundil's Journal, or those book quests for the college of mages.

Do you know how to start on that? Or maybe a good tutorial, I'll search later on google but maybe if you know something good, it would help.

And about the radiant quest, I'm sure there is a way to delete the places which should be repleced from this quests.

I know that could be a issue for some people but I don't have a problem with it, even if the radiant quest wouldn't be radiant at all.

So still, what do you think of this? Any ideas for other places or for the use of this places?

Edited by JohnsonDown