First Time Playing Morrowind

Nartaga

So, as a birthday gift to myself I bought Morrowind on GoG (which came with Arena and Daggerfall, so sweet), and I was planning on following the nexus graphics here, but I also wanted to see if there were any mods I might want to include in my first play-through? I want to keep it as close to vanilla as possible, but I also know that some of the system in Morrowind are rather....dated?

For instance, I was looking at the Expansions Integrated mod. I always love it when DLC items are sprinkled throughout the game, but I'm also looking at the Expansion Delay mod as well. Those, along with the MWSE Magicka Regen and either Movement Fatigue Halved or Fast Fatigue Regen.

I understand that those last three mods impact gameplay system a bit more, so I'm nervous about impacting my very first play-thru of it, but I also don't want it to be such a slog that I don't find it fun.

Beyond these, are there any other mods that really complement the vanilla experience without changing it to be too much like more modern games. I want to try and keep the spirit of Morrowind alive for my first time.

• 3 weeks later...

So, as a birthday gift to myself I bought Morrowind on GoG (which came with Arena and Daggerfall, so sweet), and I was planning on following the nexus graphics here, but I also wanted to see if there were any mods I might want to include in my first play-through? I want to keep it as close to vanilla as possible, but I also know that some of the system in Morrowind are rather....dated?

For instance, I was looking at the Expansions Integrated mod. I always love it when DLC items are sprinkled throughout the game, but I'm also looking at the Expansion Delay mod as well. Those, along with the MWSE Magicka Regen and either Movement Fatigue Halved or Fast Fatigue Regen.

I understand that those last three mods impact gameplay system a bit more, so I'm nervous about impacting my very first play-thru of it, but I also don't want it to be such a slog that I don't find it fun.

Beyond these, are there any other mods that really complement the vanilla experience without changing it to be too much like more modern games. I want to try and keep the spirit of Morrowind alive for my first time.

Try the game vanilla for the first playthrough. DO NOT ALTER COMBAT. Half the difficulty in elderscrolls has always been this hit chance, which is why Skyrim is way too easy. If you're going to add anything, add mods that add non broken items just for some more spice, sure, and as for fatigue, you can enchant clothing and armor with some slight regen. It can make all fatigue use completely moot.

Don't listen to the guy above me unless you want to make every action you do mean nothing. Morrowind makes every victory feel accomplishing. Skyrim and oblivion had to literally make every enemy sponges for damage to make their combat mean anything.