Mod Features Changing

MagnusThorek

I don't really know if this is the place to ask this but, can I request a mod to have some features changed?

The mod I'm talking about is this one. It's great, clean, organized and I do have several ideas for it, but the one I would like for now is replace the Weapon Racks with two Weapon Plaques (for one weapon only - exclusivity is the key).

This would reduce the number of weapons that can be displayed in this house, but if I did the math correctly, from the three wings this mod have, even with this replacement all the weapons in skyrim and DLCs can be displayed (at least the ones which worth to be displayed).

Other ideas (if this topic is embraced as personal project) includes:

• Move slightly its icon on the map. It's too close of "The Ritual Stone" and "Graywinter Watch"
  • Remove the Weapon Plaques from walls junctions. Since it's a small corridor, weapons on them may be unnoticed.
  • Remove the shelves in the back of these wings adding doors to other Armory rooms. Not only it would bring back the displaying capacity reduced by the initial suggestion, but it'll also allow themed rooms (one for archery, other for heavy armors...)
    • And the fact they're decorated with some of the Thieves' Guild artifacts do not make me happy too, after all, they should be unique, right?
  • Delete all books added in The Archives' Bookcases. One of the reasons a custom house have bookshelves is estimulate player to find all books. In fact, if I was the modder, I would replace all of them with tables and chairs so, conceptually speaking, people can sit and read their books because the lower bookshelves can hold 920 books (18 books per shelf * 3 shelves per bookshelf * 18 bookshelves in room) and there are "only" 820 in Skyrim + DLC (and this counting the contracts, bounty rewards, notes, recipes and etc.)
  • Remove the strongboxes, barrels, alchemy and enchanter tables from The Archives. Doesn't seem to make much sense, even the concept of "read a book, learn something and practice immediately" is valid.
    • In fact, in "The Armory" one of the four corners in the ante-room of Armory's Wings (the one with Tanning Rack) there are two useless tables which could be removed to add the Alchemy and Enchant tables. The Tanning would need to be moved to somewhere and I think it would fit perfectly where there is an Anvil (since there are no differences between Anvils and Blacksmith Forges)
  • Personally I don't like display cases, their frosted glass do not allow weapons to be seen so striking but, some people like them and since this could be a public mod, perhaps allowing the larger display cases to hold two different small weapons would be nice, specially to display weapons made to be shown in pairs, like Eduj & Okin or Bloodscythe and Soulrender.
    • The addition of small Display Cases, specially for daggers like Blade of Woe or Nettlebane, could be nice too
  • Improve The Vault a little bit. Not too much ideas here, i just think the Dragon Priests Busts should not be that hidden.
  • In "The Armory" ante-room there are some... "wooden walls" around the fire. I don't know you but I think is ugly, specially for a Dwemer-style.
  • I missed a place to add the Dragon Claws. I've seen some mods with a proper display case like this but most of them come filled with unwanted replicates
  • And, the last one coming in my mind is people! Vistors, guards... Anyone

Well, these are the suggestions that come in my mind. I know there are several people like me, fanatic for items collection and, most important, people who never found a perfect house mod to show all their stuff.

Be sure you have the proper permissions from the original author if you want to share your updates. If this is for you alone and someone helps you that is a different matter. :) Good luck.