Fallout NV Crash on startup. PLEASE HELP

danyman9

• 1 month later...

I used FNVEdit and it said that I need to change the load order of a mod.

"[00:08] Background Loader: Fatal: <Exception: "Voice dissonance fix.esp" requires master "New Vegas Redesigned II.esm" to be loaded before it.>"

I have no idea how to fix this. Could someone help me out here?

Install and enable the mod that has that esm, New Vegas Redesigned 2 I assume, the Voice dissonance fix.esp should load after it, open NMM or FOMM and make sure it is doing that, drag it down the load order if for some reason it isn't.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i guess i will bump this thread because i'm having the same exact problem as the poster above me....

long story short,my fallout crashes on startup...

I'm 180hours into the game and the next day it just refuses to play by crashing on startup...

And no,my mod load orders are fine thank you i checked it on FNVEdit..

And not even verifying the game cache or redownloading whole game from scratch fixes it...

Please help this poor soul in fixing his game... ;_;

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

This type of crash happens when a plugin (mod) needs to loader a master (those files with .esm extension) but it wasn't found, so game can't load.

Go to the nexus and download FNVEdit, install it and then run the tool with your mods active. It will tell you if you have anything missing.

This video by Gopher explains in more detail how to use this tool: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVKe51dRm2M

I tried it, doesn't show up in the files.

There is a reason the forum "terms of service" say you shouldn't resurrect old threads. Your situation is not likely to be the same as the original poster, despite what may appear to be similar symptoms. Please follow the guidelines in the wiki "How to ask for help" article if the following doesn't solve it.

There are several reasons that can cause the "missing masters" error beyond the named one, if that is indeed your problem. Please see the 'Missing Masters' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article.

Other common causes are in the 'Solutions to Starting the game problems' section in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide.

-Dubious-

• 11 months later...