The "Last" Dragonborn?

AurianaValoria1

Even the Greybeards admit, in game, that the prophesy isn't specific, and that you are only the one to reveal yourself at this time. You're told, rather frankly, that there could be more, but that it doesn't really matter because you're presence fulfills the terms of the prophesy close enough to work.

Bottom line is what? You could be the last of them period. It is possible which means we just don't know.

But your example Rip doesn't work. I get you say I split hairs, but your phrase was incomplete just so you could make a point. A person would usually indicate what they mean OR the fact that pizza is so common (and can be made by a great number of people (and learned to be made by others)) a person would KNOW that you didn't eat the last slice of pizza in the world so I didn't split hairs, the pizza thing just doesn't work here.

• 1 month later...

Arngeir says himself that if you are the only dragonborn of this age or not remains to bee seen. something that tells us that is is not unlikly there are more of them. Another thing is that the only reason we found out that we was dragonborn was because we was close to dragons death and absorbed it soul, witch make it highly posible that it is several more dragonborn but as they are just like normal people unless their manages to absorb a dragonsoul and sov it is several who will never know what kind of power dwells within their soul

Arngeir says himself that if you are the only dragonborn of this age or not remains to bee seen. something that tells us that is is not unlikly there are more of them.

Arngeir has, through more study, become an increasingly... unreliable source. Honestly, the Greybeards keep buggering up. Calling the Dragonborn Ysmir? Hah!

Seriously, though... We simply don't know. Presumably, there HAS to be more, or will be more, because Alduin still needs to beat one in order to devour the world.

Arngeir says himself that if you are the only dragonborn of this age or not remains to bee seen. something that tells us that is is not unlikly there are more of them.

Arngeir has, through more study, become an increasingly... unreliable source. Honestly, the Greybeards keep buggering up. Calling the Dragonborn Ysmir? Hah!

Seriously, though... We simply don't know. Presumably, there HAS to be more, or will be more, because Alduin still needs to beat one in order to devour the world.

As i understood it, They use Ysmir as an title. I think they give the title to the dragonborn that leads the fight. They gave Tiber Septim the title and he was a leader of men. So when the dragonborn stands up against the dragons (s)he practically is leading the fight against the Dragons, the grey beards give the title to the dragonborn

• 2 weeks later...

As i understood it, They use Ysmir as an title. I think they give the title to the dragonborn that leads the fight. They gave Tiber Septim the title and he was a leader of men. So when the dragonborn stands up against the dragons (s)he practically is leading the fight against the Dragons, the grey beards give the title to the dragonborn

Yep, the dragonborns decide who gets to be called Ysmir. I think it just means you are a (dragonborn) defender of the north against any threat, not just dragons. After all full title is 'Ysmir, Dragon of the North'

Yep, the dragonborns decide who gets to be called Ysmir. I think it just means you are a (dragonborn) defender of the north against any threat, not just dragons. After all full title is 'Ysmir, Dragon of the North'

Not really true. Ysmir is a metaphysical concept linked to the duality of Lorkhan-Akatosh. Because, you know... the whole boring=wrong concept pervading the Elder Scrolls.