Kicked from Chat?

OPSweetRoll

I'm really sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but...why was I kicked from chat?

I think I know the reason why, and I'll explain it all here.

I was asking a few people on the chat who were kind enough to help me with my modding issues. I really thought that I had the real, legit version of Skyrim. I bought it off of a friend for 30 dollars, stuck the disc in my PC, and installed it. But the people on the chat told me that all Skyrim games need to be registered on Steam to work, and that my friend probably sold me a pirated CD. This is completely new to me, since I have never used Steam before (Most of my games are on my PS3, I only buy single player games for my computer). Rest assured, I'm going to uninstall this fake Skyrim and look to purchase the real thing on Steam, if that's where you buy it from. I swear I had no idea that the game was pirated, and I'm going to confront my friend about it. I just ask from the staff not to ban me, since I had no idea, and as a fellow gamer I know how low piracy is and would never do it intentionally. All i ask is to have this little issue be overlooked and for me to be allowed in the chat again. Thank you for taking the time to read and consider this.

P.S. The case for the CD looked real enough, it had the logos and everything, even the ESRB rating and Microsoft logo,so please don't accuse me of lying.