Red Dead Redemption animation

Danstronghammer

There is a specific animation from Red Dead Redemption / RDR2, that would increase the games immersion, and enhance the lawless dystopian feel to the game, if someone were to create a mod that adds it.

The animation I'm talking about is the one where you capture NPCs, then carry them off, or put them on you horse (obviously, the horse carrying wouldn't work in FO4), then drop them off wherever you want. I shall explain why I think this is a good idea further down.

It could be made to work by approaching and activating said NPC. Once activated, they are no longer hostile (if used on an NPC from a hostile faction) and if used on a non hostile NPC, they remain non hostile. Or maybe using a widget, that you save to you favourits menu, which you activate when aiming at an NPC. Either way, once the NPC is activated, the capture animation jumps straight in. Once captured, as per RDR, you can pick them up and carry them to wherever, then drop them.

To make it more immersive, and "fallouty", once dropped, then activated again, it comes up with an options menu, where you can access the NPCs inventory, and take all their stuff, and / or equip them with whatever clothing and equipment you want. You could then either pick them up again, release them, move them, or reposition them (rotate on all three axis) so you can put them anywhere you want and they don't have to be left on the floor. (Amazing Follower Tweaks does something similar for posed followers). The NPC should also have no collision, so the animation is not affected if the NPC is placed on a furniture item. (Not sure if this is how it works)

When you drop / move / reposition them, them, they remain in the captured animation, indefinitely, until you release them, and are not affected by cell resets so they can't just get up and wander off.

Once released, they return to wherever they come from, or if they are from a hostile faction, they run away, or become hostile again, depending on their level. Could this also be made available for xbox?

The reason why I think this a good idea, Is because it will add immersion and realism to the game. The game is set is a lawless dystopian future, where you have roving gangs of raiders, who do whatever they want and are accountable to no one. It would be a good mod for anyone who roleplays as a raider. There are already hostage / rescue missions in the game and this would expand on these ideas. It would also be handy for mods that add bounty hunter type quests, for capturing wanted fugitives.

Thanks for your time.