WIP - Disband the Thieves Guild - Putting the Thieves Guild behind bar

bruce142

51 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Thieves Guild ever be released from jail?

• Yes, they deserve redemption too
    • No, let them rot in jail
  2. 2. What should happen with the corrupt guard

• Exile him (strip him of his rank as guard and let him leave Riften)
    • Put him in jail as well
    • Let him be executed, I mean if they execute a horse thief (Lokir), then they would surely execute a corrupt guard

Due the high request for the redemption feature will I make a concept of this feature as follows :

Redemption is only possible after the Disband the Thieves Guild quest, not during this quest (to avoid errors in the counting of the number of arrested thieves). You still need to arrest all the thieves first during the DiTG quest (DiTG is the abbreviation of Disband the Thieves Guild, DeTG is the abbreviation of Destroy the Thieves Guild), when the quest is finished you need to ask the Jarl for permission to redeem certain TG members, I was thinking of allowing the player to get a TG member out of jail and bringing him or her to the Jarl to let the Jarl decide over the redemption of a TG member (I was thinking about a speech check for this), when the Jarl grants permission to redeem the TG members in question you will decide over her or his future, release him/her or make him/her a follower (this is going to take a lot of work to accomplish this, it's a good thing that I already searched for some follower voice lines.

I don't know if this concept is feasible and I need some time to investigate some options to accomplish this, I hope you'll realise that making this feature will postpone the release date of the mod (which might be next year).

Could the Mod perhaps be released as a Two-Part Mod? One part destroys the TG, the other dismantles. That should be a lot simpler that trying to jam everything into a single Mod and probably much of the actual code would be very similar.

Could the Mod perhaps be released as a Two-Part Mod? One part destroys the TG, the other dismantles. That should be a lot simpler that trying to jam everything into a single Mod and probably much of the actual code would be very similar.

That is the plan as you will see in the beta I'm about to send you, the mod has its own esp plugin file. The mod is standalone (you don't need to have Destroy the Thieves Guild installed, in fact I'm also looking for some beta testers who haven't installed DeTG), but it's fully compatible with DeTG.

Edited by bruce142

Due the high request for the redemption feature will I make a concept of this feature as follows :

Redemption is only possible after the Disband the Thieves Guild quest, not during this quest (to avoid errors in the counting of the number of arrested thieves). You still need to arrest all the thieves first during the DiTG quest (DiTG is the abbreviation of Disband the Thieves Guild, DeTG is the abbreviation of Destroy the Thieves Guild), when the quest is finished you need to ask the Jarl for permission to redeem certain TG members, I was thinking of allowing the player to get a TG member out of jail and bringing him or her to the Jarl to let the Jarl decide over the redemption of a TG member (I was thinking about a speech check for this), when the Jarl grants permission to redeem the TG members in question you will decide over her or his future, release him/her or make him/her a follower (this is going to take a lot of work to accomplish this, it's a good thing that I already searched for some follower voice lines.

I don't know if this concept is feasible and I need some time to investigate some options to accomplish this, I hope you'll realise that making this feature will postpone the release date of the mod (which might be next year).

Goodness ... that's really A WELL-THOUGHT idea to deal with redemption Bruce ... ending DiTG first.

So sequence "might" be ... 1) ask Jarl permission once all are jailed

2) player goes talk to free certain TG member

3) you take a TG member to Jarl

4) Jarl redeems her/him and I decide her/his future

(what u mean by her/his future, follower or not only?)

u still don't have voice for all these Jarl dialog lines, right?? :rolleyes:

allowing only 1 or 2 TG members to be followers would save some time? not too much?

keep up the good work :thumbsup:

P.S. how much time you'd save if leaving the followers option behind? (like releasing a version without followers first)

Edited by 101VRanger

That is the plan as you will see in the beta I'm about to send you, the mod has its own esp plugin file. The mod is standalone (you don't need to have Destroy the Thieves Guild installed, in fact I'm also look for some beta testers who haven't installed DeTG), but it's fully compatible with DeTG.

Leaves me out. I have been using DeTG since it was first released.

That is the plan as you will see in the beta I'm about to send you, the mod has its own esp plugin file. The mod is standalone (you don't need to have Destroy the Thieves Guild installed, in fact I'm also look for some beta testers who haven't installed DeTG), but it's fully compatible with DeTG.

Leaves me out. I have been using DeTG since it was first released.

No, I need both testers with and without the DeTG mod installed, PM me if you want to sign up for the beta.

Goodness ... that's really A WELL-THOUGHT idea to deal with redemption Bruce ... ending DiTG first.

allowing only 1 or 2 TG members to be followers would save some time? not too much?

P.S. how much time you'd save if leaving the followers option behind? (like releasing a version without followers first)

You really want to see this mod released as soon as possible, don't you? Can't blame you, I want to move on to a next project as well. The main part of the time I will have to spend on this feature is searching voicelines (Laila Law-Giver's voicetype, femalecommander has 1900+ voicelines) and making a dialogue sketch, I already have voicelines for the basic follower functions already (except for trading items and Vex is missing some voicelines), I know how to implement the DialogueFollower script functions.

You really want to see this mod released as soon as possible, don't you? Can't blame you, I want to move on to a next project as well. The main part of the time I will have to spend on this feature is searching voicelines (Laila Law-Giver's voicetype, femalecommander has 1900+ voicelines) and making a dialogue sketch, I already have voicelines for the basic follower functions already (except for trading items and Vex is missing some voicelines), I know how to implement the DialogueFollower script functions.

haha ha... yep, ASAP ... :tongue:

no seriously, add followers if you think it'll make a more fulfilled mod ... then carry on. I can wait till december heh heh...

1900 voicelines!? should find most of what u need there ...

keep it up Bruce :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Questions :

1. What will happen to Maven? (I like the Idea of recruiting her for the boethia-quest...but found no way of managing that. Putting her in jail and getting her out of it again for reparation might be an option....)

2. How can I get the download?

Edited by Pfiffy

I have a Questions :

1. What will happen to Maven? (I like the Idea of recruiting her for the boethia-quest...but found no way of managing that. Putting her in jail and getting her out of it again for reparation might be an option....)

2. How can I get the download?

1. Even if I make a follower option for Maven after her redemption, you won't be able to sacrifice her for the Boethia quest, because she will remain essential and unique.

2. I've send you a reply to your PM.