⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Beyond Frustrated Game suddenly XP miss macthed

edit: ugh now my title is actually mismatched***

Ok, so I am notorious for restarting my game if I mess up something that irks me, so I am really accustomed to when I should be leveling almost to a science. Basically with my self made extra codex XP beginning gear and doing the most I can get through in magi origin I level by the time I reach Irving's room reading that last codex. But then now I am suddenly short XP and not anymore.

I refuse to proceed incase it is something else syphoning XP. At first it was because I was trying a new mod don't lose XP to NPCs but removed it still missing XP, now I am trying to look under the hood. I don't keep every rejected play though but the last one that I kept that I did trigger the same leveling has me at these numbers.

Pre finishing the Harrowing:

• 547/2500 till lvl 3 (all run throughs)

Post Harrowing:

• 1319/1250 till lvl 3 (last known correct)
  • 1250/1250 till lvl 3 (every recent attempt)

But I see under rewards technically completing the Harrowing I am suppose to get 1000 xp (plus the demon/wisps XP (95 demon and 108 for 4 wisps)) so it should be:

• 1750/1250 so 500 in lvl 3? (correct?)

What the heck is going on X / and what interferes with XP.

edit: Ok still no clue why rewards don't match up but I was able to trigger the 1319/1250 till lvl 3 again after removing most mods, I think I know the culprit X / but still doing testing. But the demon should have been 164 xp?

Edited by HollownessDevoured

The amount of XP possible in The Harrowing quest is quite variable. If you kill the wisps during the fight with the rage demon, you get XP for them. If you kill the rage demon too quickly, without taking out the wisps first, you lose the XP from the wisps.

There are also wisps that respawn in the very beginning of the Fade map that can be fought for even more XP. In fact, they respawn as more powerful wisps. that give more than 3X the XP of the original wisps.

(edited for spelling)

Edited by theskymoves

Yeah I always kill wisps first, attack Valor after defeating him and I do the back to beginning after both Valor and Sloth for maximum XP.

It is actually the award XP from killing the demon, I sometimes get 95 or 164... and I still haven't pinpointed I thought it was one modification cause I was finally able to reproduce the 164 but now I can't reproduce the 164 again (when seeing if it was an exact file of a modification instead or all of the particular mod folder), so at it again testing today. Now it doesn't matter if I remove the whole mod again.

But I had a thought even after you remove a mod does the game even when reloaded still kinda have memory of a mod that was once there and that resetting override folder (move and let respawn) only clears out?

edit: ok it looks like it is tied to certain save files not just mods in my folders. One save file awards, new ones are not (guessing from the mod that affects it is from start of a new game and can't be reversed even after removal of the mod?) so I have to do a fresh file each time to find out which is what.

Edited by HollownessDevoured