Way to repair--specific--power armor piece?

DynV

The only alternative to a permanent fix, is to instruct your players to use the console help command.

I'm assuming it's something like the following example FO4 command interface after clicking on the T-51 Gunner torso dropped on the floor

help ARDLC01_T51_Torso 4
[...]
ARDLC01_T51_Torso [refID]
[...]
setav ARDLC01_T51_Torso_R [RDLC01_T51_Torso refID]

Am I close? I'd be happy to put a working help modification instruction on my game save description for those that don't want to install the patch.

Edited by DynV

Heyas Dyn, sorry for the long wait, I ended up taking a couple of days off.

You're very close. It just depends on how the author named the item. As far as what kind of name they have to type in after the help command. any part of the name will come up in the list.

After getting an ID number, they would type in

player.additem "item number".

You can create a bat file that does that with that player.additem (with the xx123456 number) line... but again, you're back to the problem where they would have to know the xx to edit into the script themselves. Which is assigned by the load order. And can change when they move mods around in their LO.

As far as getting the correct results from "help" I only know it using weapons and regular items. Sometimes, with weapons, you have to add help "name" weap (or weapon, even sometimes) 4 I don't know if there's a keyword for armor or not. THe only thing I could find hunting the web, was how to add mods to armor via console... which totally was no help! :rolleyes: