bypass steam launcher?

Highwayman300

Is there a way to bypass the steam launcher? My steam wont work anymore, and wont connect to the internet and wont let me play the game anymore. So is there a way to bypass steam to play the game again, or do i need to download a cracked version just because of this?

I already brought the game and i have an steam account but the program just stopped working.

Any help would be appreciated.

Well, before re installing it wouldn't connect to the internet, no matter what connection, what settings in my computer (disabled everything, firewall, antivirus, everything) And after re installing, it just wont update or connect at all, it will just say Steam main exception, To run steam you must first connect to the internet.

Go to the steam web site and instal steam VIA the internet download, you exe is corrupted, antvirus tagged it ,you did say it was running, correct? so uninstall it, browse to steams network and reinstall it from there, I know that works for sure, and you do not need any games to install steam.

kitty.

Go to the steam web site and instal steam VIA the internet download, you exe is corrupted, antvirus tagged it ,you did say it was running, correct? so uninstall it, browse to steams network and reinstall it from there, I know that works for sure, and you do not need any games to install steam.

kitty.

Already tried it, and it keeps getting me the same error.

I don't think it could be the antivirus, its has been off since i started re installing steam.

Edit: For some reason now it can be installed and used but it wont just connect to the internet, now when i choose to load the game, a message saying:

Application load error 5:00000065434

And if i use a cracked launcher, it will just crash on startup.

Edited by Highwayman300

kitty.

Already tried it, and it keeps getting me the same error.

I don't think it could be the antivirus, its has been off since i started re installing steam.

Edit: For some reason now it can be installed and used but it wont just connect to the internet, now when i choose to load the game, a message saying:

Application load error 5:00000065434

And if i use a cracked launcher, it will just crash on startup.

I don't even want to know where its from but I'm done here.

Please do not discuss cracked versions here.

We will gladly help with the official copy of the .exe, and I would recommend you using that instead of using a crack (which is known to cause trouble with mods).

First off, try following luthien's advice. But before re-installing, run the registry cleaner in CCleaner (if you don't have CCleaner, just download it) to clean out any potential remaining keys from New Vegas in your Registry - just to be certain.

Ok, apparently it was something weird with a steam update. I cant still play normally but steam seems to be working. For some reason the only way to play the game is installing it in another folder, and use FMM to launch NVSE.

And sorry about the cracked launcher, just wanted to see if that would work.