Wrye Bash/Smash uncheck Skyrim.esm

vetewe7144

Even in Steam the mods are all green across the board until I just touch Wrye then it deactivates Skyrim/Masters. I should made a desktop video of this in action, But it doesn't matter now as NMM 83 wrecked the mod list of two TES games. Playing Oblivion was boring anyway and Skyrim was kind of depressing and became as enjoyabl as racking up the after-winter debris off the backyard, so I deleted them both.

I thought about Enderal again but it is even more miserable and depressing than Skyrim, I get more wrecking these games than playing them.

Thankfully, I still got Morrowind and FO3 to fall back on as they both work flawlessly.

What other TES like games are out there to try?

In the mean time, opening both NMM and Wrye and click between them to see what happens.

Edited by vetewe7144

You are correct, when I have both open at the same time Skrim.esm and Update.esm are unchecked and all mods are showing missing masters, which is understandable as Skyrim.esm is unchecked. My advice would be to not have both open at the same time, I had never sen the need to do so, and I have been playing this game for over ten years.

It is a shame that you seem to see the need to have two programs open at the same time as Skyrim is a very enjoyable game to play, in my opinion.

The reason I kept the apps open was to monitor any changes between them. The previous Wrye versions would change the load order of NMM. Therefore, exported the load order in NMM, then I would reorder the list in Wrye from the txt list. By doing this I had very little ctd or game malfunctions on all my games, I could even "feel" the smoothness of the movement in the games, especially in Oblivion which game a rush when falling from a height.

It just a tedious grind set both games up from scratch compared to Mlorrowind an FO3.

How do you arrange your load order? Do you use LOOT?

Keeping your apps open was the cause of them making any changes. I would open NMM, make any changes to your load order you wish, close NMM , open Wrye Bash and run it to create your patch, Close Wrye Bash. I would not create your Bash patch until you have installed and activated all the mods you are going to use in your play through.

If you close NMM before using Wrye Bash, Wrye Bash will not make any changes to your load order no matter what version you are using. A simple principle to use is when you are configuring your mods that you are going to use in that profile is to only have one program open at a time, it will save you a lot of grief.

I play Oblivion, FO3, FNV, Legendary, and SSE downloading and installing mods with NMM and have never had a problem doing so. Although I have never had any program open except the one I am using at the time. The tools I use are,NMM, LOOT, xEdit, and Wrye Bash. I download and install with NMM, close the mod manager, run LOOT, close that, check my load order with xEdit, close that and then run Wrye Bash when I have my load order set for that play through. Doing so I have never had the kind of problems you are having.

I only play Legendary and SSE through Steam as I have no choice in the matter. The other games are GOG games, although I do not think that makes any difference.

Every thing I use is an icon on my desktop so it is very easy for me to open and close whatever I am using at the time. I launch all my games through their respective script extenders, for instance to launch FO3 I just double click on fose loader.exe shortcut on my desktop. I never launch any of my games through another program like NMM, an unnecessary step in my opinion.

AS I said I have been playing most of these games for over ten years and have never had any of the problems you are experiencing. This leads me to believe the problems do not lie with the games themselves.

Let me reiterate; you will not have a problem with Wrye Bash unchecking Skyrim.esm if you close NMM before you open Wrye Bash.

I am beginning to believe the problem we are having in communication is because English is not your first language.

All I can say is that when it comes to playing these games only have one application or tool open at a time. Before you launch your game close all other applications.