If I wanted to delete a mods MCM menu... how would I do it?

Guest deleted2027229

Guest deleted2027229

I'm someone who hates having to go through each mods MCM menu whenever I start a new game, and some mods I don't need to use their MCM menus, so I'd like to just remove them from the list to make it easier to get to the MCM menus I do use. So how would I do it?

You don't. Not on your own.

The mod has an MCM menu for a reason. There is data there that is used in other parts of the mod. Just because you do not make any changes from the default does not mean that the mod will work without the MCM menu in place.

You need to contact the author(s) of the mod(s) in question and ask them if there is a way to use the mod with default values without having the MCM menu present.

Sure, I could say that you can stop the mod's MCM quest cause that would remove the menu. But that would also remove access to any data on the quest record (i.e. stored properties) or functions on attached scripts. A well thought out mod would store the data on a separate maintenance quest and just use the MCM to adjust those values as needed. But not all are designed like that. Communicating with the author is your only way of knowing for sure the best approach to achieving what you want while still having a functional mod.

Guest deleted2027229

The mod in question has literally just a single option in the MCM menu, which is just a hotkey to use the item added by the mod. Since the item can be used directly from the inventory I see no reason for the hotkey (and thus the MCM menu.) Would I be able to remove the MCM menu in this scenario? Sorry I should have been more clear about how simple this particular MCM is, but yes I fully agree with you that for MCM's with significant options then removing said menu would be incredibly foolish as you rightly said.

I cannot say because I do not know how the aforementioned mod was coded. It may be possible.

If you make a backup save, you could try stopping the mod's MCM quest in the console. No guarantees that that would work. I still recommend asking the author of the mod what the best course of action might be.