No windows at upper floors in Imperial City

danny017

Anyone knows why there are no windows at upper floors in Imperial City buildings?

Is there a mod that fixes this?

I mean all these cozy oriel windows would just look sooo beautiful if only there were real windows instead of stone walls.

I'm really annoyed by this and completely stunned why nobody in the community seems to care about this...?

There is 2 ways to solve it. The hard way and the easy way.

1. The hard way: Use the mesh, import it into Blender, make some rectangle holes with the cutting tool, add the windows, similar to the entrance floors or also load the entrance floor, copy the window and revome the alcove around it.. Cutting inside a mesh, is not always easy in Blender. I would cut it, move the vertices to a proper position and remake the UV for the cut wall as that is needed after we cut something (making the texture to fit perfect that is - UV), add the window, extruding the new vertices. Well building an alcove and place a window object in it. The windows at entrance floor is alcoves, the windows sits a bit in to the walls so to say.
  2. Load the mesh in Blender, add fake windows at the wall, similar to adding a painting. How many different upper floor meshes is there? 4-6 or so? Then saving the new windows together with the mesh. I would export the new window separately and add it at the right mesh in Nifskope.

Would I use a mod like this? Well maybe. Do i have time? Well not really as I do have 2 WIP running now. I should focus at them. Editing a single wall will take time, as I am a bit of perfectionist and would never be satisfied with a half done job. If I do it, it will be done perfect. Nothing else is not acceptable :D I do recall how long time it took me to make my Library hallway (Current WIP 01) and to make the textures at the right place (UV).

No windows as it is underground, but peek at the walls, here and all textures are set at the right spot. I would say: As perfect as they can be set. :D At first they did not. Look at the hallway leading out from this room and the stairs. Panels as well, was a bit tricky, fresh made and the arch is home made too. Frame at the right side, new texture and new UV as well. Nothing is impossible. Blender + Nifskope rocks. All lists added as well.

By the way: The merchant at the left painting, took an arrow in his knee. I did hit the [Prnt SCR] button as soon as I saw it. Archer that shot him is a Companion. :wink: What a coincidence really. One time shot.

51984601420_2d7bbbbe9d_k.jpg

Damn light spell, hurt my eyes now :wink: Tooo bright...

The wall at the end of the first hallway mesh was a solid end in the original, so I cut an Octagon in to it or 6-8 sides, made sure my premade round arch for the round doors from Strotis Hobbit home resource would fit, without gaps and the fitting list at the floor hides the gap as well. Love lists... ;) I made that round arch too, loaded his door into Blender as reference. You see the door at the left painting too and slightly up the stairs where another copy of it is partly visible. Not that it matter to your original question but I want to show what is possible to make.

Original mesh used is from this resource mod: Just an example what is possible :wink:

38902-3-1307948717.jpg

38902-4-1307980113.jpg

danny017 Blender is really easy to learn, it takes some time as anything else. If you wanna try this, I can guide you some and start pointing out cool tutorials. After a while, you and anyone else can make this. We have all the tools available at the net, tutorials at the Youtube. That is how I learned this... Doing some tutorials around 2005, made a simple but cool sword for Morrowind :D

Edited by Pellape