CRASH FREE Skyrim

baloo42

Wow! that's a fantastic number of mods you have there, Fraquar :thumbsup:

Would it be possible to post your list up here for others to see?

(Wow, i did not even realize that games like Mass Effect and Final Fantasy could be modded! :blink:)

i really like your method described for testing a crash-free skyrim, very cool, i'm gonna give that a go right now :wink:

Glad I could help.

Edited by fraquar

I generally run about 10-20 mods, have put in 250+ hours in with zero CTDs :smile:

I don't see the need for so many like some people have.

Hahah, Good answer Cardgame! But in all entirety, i am RPG enthusiast, and all these mods really helped me flesh out Skyrim.

i used to play the original Dungeons & Dragons with my friends back in school, i was the Dungeon Master, and would create all sorts of dungeons and traps

And with all these fantastic mods being created for Skyrim, i am able to fabricate an unforgettable adventure game, unlike any other

Of course, every person is unique, and have their own personal reasons for doing so :thumbsup:

Edited by baloo42

Wow! that's a fantastic number of mods you have there, Fraquar :thumbsup:

Would it be possible to post your list up here for others to see?

(Wow, i did not even realize that games like Mass Effect and Final Fantasy could be modded! :blink:)

i really like your method described for testing a crash-free skyrim, very cool, i'm gonna give that a go right now :wink:

Glad I could help.

Thank you for your contribution Cardhand :thumbsup:

Edited by baloo42

• 1 month later...

Thanks mate :)

I generally run about 10-20 mods, have put in 250+ hours in with zero CTDs :smile:

I don't see the need for so many like some people have.

Hahah, Good answer Cardgame! But in all entirety, i am RPG enthusiast, and all these mods really helped me flesh out Skyrim.

i used to play the original Dungeons & Dragons with my friends back in school, i was the Dungeon Master, and would create all sorts of dungeons and traps

And with all these fantastic mods being created for Skyrim, i am able to fabricate an unforgettable adventure game, unlike any other

Of course, every person is unique, and have their own personal reasons for doing so :thumbsup:

• 1 year later...

2013-10-13_00004.jpg

One more thing to share with the Skyrim community

Here a some software apps that really helped me get Skyrim running to its fullest potential:

1: Onetweak - this will get your Skyrim running in Windowed mode (with this i was able to get higher FPS, especially in indoor cells.

Remember to disable fullscreen mode in your ini)

2: GameBooster - from Razer (this will optimize your Windows and free more resources)

3: Mz CPU Accelerator (this nifty app will proritize your CPU usage, giving Skyrim everything your hardware has to offer :smile:)

4: MyDefrag (great piece of software for faster disk defrag times)

5: CCleaner (use this for safely cleaning your registry, and general system maintenance)

6: Skyrim Performance Monitor (handy app that will help you see when your V-RAM is being over-taxed)

7: Use Medium game settings for your initial ini (of course there are settings you will want to increase :thumbsup:)

i can't remember the exact mod or link, but there was one ENB author who published a bunch of optimized ini's, specificly for ENB users, i used these as a base template

8: Just found this one. Create a shortcut of your executable, if it's SKSE, then make a shortcut of that, then add "+fullproc" in the 'location' section, under 'properties' (this tells Skyrim to utilize your multi-core setup)

9: Hardware Overclocking - this one really helped big-time (just be sure to read reliable documents on this, and get the correct software to help you)

i used AMD Overdrives Auto-Tune feature to get stable and tested values, then took the HT-Ref Clock value and manually inputed that into my BIOS

Then it's all good to go [with AMD overdrive, the CPU will never come close to its max temp, so it is a safe method, in my experience. and it's made by the hardware manufacturers for the hardware]

Also, be sure to install the latest BIOS, Chipset drivers, video drivers, and sound drivers for your setup

For the GPU overclock, i used the official software application only (Nvidia provides the software on their website, Nvidia System Tools)

Find reliable sources on the internet for your specific cards stable overclocking values, ones which have been tried and tested

Notably, the Geforce cards have a lot of untapped potential here

i am using a GTS 450, and got about a 10FPS increase from doing this,

Max Temperatures for graphics cards tend to be quite a general value,

but CPU's vary greatly, so again, be sure to check for the correct values according to your manufacturer

[check the post by Treplos below for an alternate view]

GPU helped FPS --- CPU helped adding more content & spawns

(i have a stock cooler on my AMD CPU, i just use HW Monitor to keep an eye on my temps for sanity reasons, but they never climb too high at all)

10: When all else fails, play some online Chess, this has helped me stacks when searching my mind for answers which i could not find. And always remember that Google is your best ally

:wink:

I can figure out #8 plz help.

2013-10-13_00004.jpg

One more thing to share with the Skyrim community

Here a some software apps that really helped me get Skyrim running to its fullest potential:

1: Onetweak - this will get your Skyrim running in Windowed mode (with this i was able to get higher FPS, especially in indoor cells.

Remember to disable fullscreen mode in your ini)

2: GameBooster - from Razer (this will optimize your Windows and free more resources)

3: Mz CPU Accelerator (this nifty app will proritize your CPU usage, giving Skyrim everything your hardware has to offer :smile:)

4: MyDefrag (great piece of software for faster disk defrag times)

5: CCleaner (use this for safely cleaning your registry, and general system maintenance)

6: Skyrim Performance Monitor (handy app that will help you see when your V-RAM is being over-taxed)

7: Use Medium game settings for your initial ini (of course there are settings you will want to increase :thumbsup:)

i can't remember the exact mod or link, but there was one ENB author who published a bunch of optimized ini's, specificly for ENB users, i used these as a base template

8: Just found this one. Create a shortcut of your executable, if it's SKSE, then make a shortcut of that, then add "+fullproc" in the 'location' section, under 'properties' (this tells Skyrim to utilize your multi-core setup)

9: Hardware Overclocking - this one really helped big-time (just be sure to read reliable documents on this, and get the correct software to help you)

i used AMD Overdrives Auto-Tune feature to get stable and tested values, then took the HT-Ref Clock value and manually inputed that into my BIOS

Then it's all good to go [with AMD overdrive, the CPU will never come close to its max temp, so it is a safe method, in my experience. and it's made by the hardware manufacturers for the hardware]

Also, be sure to install the latest BIOS, Chipset drivers, video drivers, and sound drivers for your setup

For the GPU overclock, i used the official software application only (Nvidia provides the software on their website, Nvidia System Tools)

Find reliable sources on the internet for your specific cards stable overclocking values, ones which have been tried and tested

Notably, the Geforce cards have a lot of untapped potential here

i am using a GTS 450, and got about a 10FPS increase from doing this,

Max Temperatures for graphics cards tend to be quite a general value,

but CPU's vary greatly, so again, be sure to check for the correct values according to your manufacturer

[check the post by Treplos below for an alternate view]

GPU helped FPS --- CPU helped adding more content & spawns

(i have a stock cooler on my AMD CPU, i just use HW Monitor to keep an eye on my temps for sanity reasons, but they never climb too high at all)

10: When all else fails, play some online Chess, this has helped me stacks when searching my mind for answers which i could not find. And always remember that Google is your best ally

:wink:

I can figure out #8 plz help.

I am playing with around 270+ mods (I merged quite a few to fit the 255 esp limit), and have spent days installing, cleaning, reading readmes and countless guides, and thoroughly familiarizing myself with mod organizer to get a stable skyrim. Four years playing this game, countless new games started because of mod issues...I didn't think playing with that amount of mods was possible without constant crashes.

But because I invested a large amount of time making sure everything is perfect, I now have a stable skyrim. Stable as in I can play for 4-5 hours before I get a random crash. I only usually play 3 hours at a time, so for all intensive purposes, I now have a stable skyrim. My days of frustration are finally over!

^

Only I did not pay all that much attention to what I'm doing. Still, I am running ~300 mods (merged + espless), I edit multiple esps in ongoing playthroughs... Only thing I don't do is uninstalling scripted mods (e.g. something like Frostfall) mid playthrough.