Auto Selling Items?

Pellape

Hello Skyrim section. I usually mod and play Oblivion but I do play Skyrim now again, well at least a couple of days a week and I played TES since 1996 and started modded TES myself 2004.

What I wonder is if you know any auto selling mods? I searched for auto and sell, but nothing. Selling items to vendors is just tedious, so I want a mod that do it automatically but I cannot find any and that is odd really.

I made mods like this for Oblivion, that auto sell and auto sort the inventory and i did find mods that do that, auto sort both to static containers for Skyrim and even a dynamic sorter and I made one for Oblivion 2 years ago, but autoselling? Nothing. I guess every Skyrim player loves to spend time inside the shops? Well i like to buy some stuff, like resources and some misc items, but spending hours, just selling stuff is just nuts and boring really. ;)

The thing is I know how to code OBSE and Oblivion Scripting and I use arrays a lot there with no limits from OBSE. Reading about arrays for papyrus seems like they have a limit of storing up to 128 items? Does SKSE work the same way as OBSE, you load CK with it with SKSE64_LOADER /editor? When I search for SKSE examples, all I find is how to make DLL's. There is so much to learn I guess to start modding Skyrim as I do recall we had to learn a lot of new stuff when we went from Morrowind to oblivion modding 2006... The CS wiki has everything, both OBSE and Standard Oblivion scripting, everything at the same WIKI... Does such wiki exist for Skyrim that also include SKSE functions?

One simple way to avoid arrays completely in a mod like this, is to use a chest to store stuff in, instead of storing stuff in arrays, as in this example, the auto selling, all i wanna do is to store the objects that I want to auto sell and if I store it in an array or inside a container in game, does not matter really. So I want 2 chests for this mod if I need to make it myself.

1. Storing Items
  2. Gold Container

So I want to add the stuff I want to sell per auto inside the container and store each object there that I wish to auto sell. I want a button to push and when I push it i want to compare the items in the chest with the items in my inventory and sell the stuff and get the gold inside the gold container. Simple as that. :smile:

Edited by Pellape

I can't say I know how to do this, but I can point you to a mod that might make your life easier in the long run. Arthmoor's Storefront mod creates a small kiosk near the inhabitable vanilla and Hearthfire homes, to build on the vanilla concept of your spouse becoming a merchant. The kiosk has a chest, where you can load items to sell and then your spouse gives you more gold when you ask if the store made a profit. I have a multitude of extra enemy/population mods and, thankfully, portable containers. With those in mind, I have rolled up to the chest with upwards of 8000 lbs of stuff, all into the chest at once. Most recently, I got over 110K back the following morning. Much easy. (I also use a mod that allows me to one-click dump all my stuff, so I pick out what I want to keep and dump the rest in the chest.)

Thanks for the advice. :smile:

The reason I did start playing Skyrim again, was to test an immersive trading mod, similar to the one you describe and it is called Your Market Stall as I will make something similar for Oblivion but I got interested in Skyrim again, which I have not played in 2 years now so this will be my 3rd play through. TES is amassing, is it not? I guess it is 30 years ago now that Arena was published. So fun to finally get the interest of Skyrim back. I need a break now from Oblivion really.

I know how to do it in Oblivion, but not in Skyrim, not yet at least. I have to check how the scripting system works in Skyrim. Most commands are the same but the script structures seems not. Maybe it is easier than I think it is really. If i fail, I make a post in the CK section here, Crying for help. :D

So where should such chests be added? I want to keep it simple and one thought I got is maybe to just add the 2 chests in the Inn in Whiterun and also a spell that can port us there fast when or if we need to unload our stuff quickly.

I remember when I tried out CK 2012, I tried to make a bloody door and failed, so I did not try it again, mainly as I got bored of Skyrim when CK finally was released. The way mods where made between 2011 to 2012, made the game extremely unstable but now I feel it is even more stable than Morrowind. Oblivion crashes a lot so I use auto save every 5 min and I now DL:ed a similar mod for Skyrim, as I tend to forget saving the game when I play, mostly because I am so used to autosaving in Oblivion I guess. Skyrim 2011 was a bloody pain in the rear really... We was so mad at Bethesda, screaming in their forum for CK so we could make mods easier. They said they where gonna release it, but it sure took them long time to do it and why? CS was included with Morrowind and also Oblivion if I recall right, from the release date. I did buy a GOG version of Morrowind, with 3 CD, all DLC and everything included. I do not recall what was included with Oblivion, but I bought a special box with items and stuff, preordered and even got a metal septim in the box. :D

I will soon release a mod for Oblivion that is based on the Legacy of the Dragonborn, called: The legacy of the Champion, and it has been under development for 2 years now. I think I release it in a week or so. The mod is already at Nexus, but hidden as I make videos for it now, explaining some of the odd stuff and tools I made for it, like Dynamic sorting and that stuff. The goal is to build the 2nd biggest library in Nirn as it is impossible to make anyone bigger than the one in Skyrim Solstein. :wink: It will be the biggest library in Tamriel for sure. :D You have to gather the books though, as it is empty... :wink:

Edited by Pellape