Weapon Havoc problem... help would be appreciated.

I did some testing today, with Niftools v0.14 for Blender.

I took a Iron Longsword, imported it as it was right into Blender, exported it but the sword gets static when you drop it. It works perfect to swing however. So I did check the properites of the bhkCollissionObject/bhkRigidBody and there was some propertied that was set to Invalid. But I do feel the Niftools team are getting somewhere. I will use this version now for Static objects at least.

So I corrected the properties, to see if that was possible. Well it was, and the sword fell through the floor and so did I, slowly but steady. And this we have seen in other failed sword meshes as well. The Bobe Lords Sword in MOO, does has such a broken collision as one example and couple of other weapons in MOO or/and WAC.

One thing I really disliked in Niftools v2.6.0 is that it takes all different Materials and make one single material that it distributes under each NitriShape/Strips. So a lot of work I had to do in that Stall i did show you with loads of NitriStuff, I had to edit every texture path so lets hope they did solve that sh't out as that was very disturbing and unnecessary. If I make 2 different materials, I sure want to export 2 different ones as well, not merging them. So stupid...

When it comes to harvest and mass or area harvest, Maskar already solved that in MOO. I show it off in this video + my Hand Scythe

I made a couple of replies, so look back some, if you missed them. :D

I think I extended the area the Scythe covers, either in maskars scripts or in his INI files. I think it is an ini setting.

Edited by Pellape

OK, ran into my first snag using the transplant method.

I'm using an outdated version of Nifskope, to start with! (Doh!)

Been using 1.13 Rev36 forever because I kept getting crashes on my old computer system whenever I enabled "Display Nodes" in the Render Properties after upgrading. Time to trade up. :smile:

This also explains why I couldn't find some of the icons you mentioned in your initial instructions. Thank you for posting the screen shots of your work in Nifskope... showed the version number, among other things.

So, let me get the latest version set up and running and then I'll try this again.

(Five minutes later)

Also found a useful video on setting up and configuring a new install of Nifskope by GamerPoets here:

(Just in case anyone else is coming in from the stone age of modding like I am.) :tongue:

Also, I managed to get the sickle model into a war axe collision by following your instructions. Here's a .jpg of the view in Blender (now that I've updated it):

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipP_6GrCL9eDIajCjksJ5OJs5ydynbENcEshNkmu

Also, does anyone have an image host they can recommend that the board here is OK with? As mentioned, I'm coming from about ten years behind the times, so I need to do some catching up.

Anyways, I'm off to test the nif in-game. Assuming to works as planned, I'd like to learn a bit about how to adjust the collision mesh, which you mentioned doing a bit earlier.

Thank you for all the help so far. Looking forward to more of your replies.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Braggi

Coool. Well the latest Nifskope rocks for sure. :D

I bet there are ways maybe to set the right settings in a collision in Blender. IDK. I do expect it exports what I am importing really. ;) It is an early beta yet of the new one.

@Pellape

Yes, yes, I say again. YES! It worked. :dance:

(Years of frustration just evaporated, right there. :smile: )

I was even able to adjust the box part of the collision so it overlapped the blade properly. (The new Nifskope is very cool indeed! Way easier to understand and use then my older clunkier version.)

As it stands, I can use the model and that is a win. I do have one last question though: is it possible to adjust the size/scale of a collision capsule? (The capsule sticks out almost twice the length of the sickle's hilt.) If not, no worries - I'm plenty happy with the results. Either way, thank you for your guidance on this. I have wanted to solve this problem for literally years.

I'll wait for your reply. Once I know about the capsule, I can get to re-skinning the model with the textures for all the other metals beyond ebony.

Edited by Braggi

Yes it is. Just adjust the coordinates in the bhkCapsuleShape / First Point and Second Point. If you compare the Points, you see which one to adjust. The hilt in the Iron Sword is X and the Blade is Y. It should be the same for all blade weapons really.

Static Collisions is adjust differently if I recall right. Misc Items is a bloody mess to adjust, with havoc, but I usually manage to find some vertices to move and 3-4 in each direction should be enough, if we need to increase the size of the collision that is. I did that with my Dwemer coffee cups, that is using a plate collision as base. The cups base is almost similar in size and shape as a plate. It is so fun to actually make stuff to work with simple adjustments, as it is only a couple of numbers we change at the right spot. The hard part is to figure out where these settings really are located but that is not hard with the new Nifskope, as you did mention it is so much easier to use, as we can mark each collision in the preview window, and it opens up the right tree on the left side.

I do recall that we used similar tools 2004 in Morrowind, before Nifscope. The name of that tool was NifSomething, similar to NifSkope but really looked like a low level hacker tool. :D It made it possible for us to retexture anything back then.

Well do the next step now and make the Blender Sword with latest Blender and Niftools 0.14. Still, save a clean collsion mesh as a template, as you will need it for Nifskope. Make one for a sword and one for an axe, well and one each for 2 handed and one handed. 4 Collision mesh templates.

By the way, we now want to see a screenie of the sickle ;) Put some weapons in the CS preview and give us something to drool at. :D

Edited by Pellape

Thank you again. I managed to get the capsule shape scaled by following your instructions. Here's a link to how the collision looks now:

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipMfr8_6bBPLg15JRZcurxZ9G2wQ0Q4k2sud4klk

This is pretty much exactly what I wanted.

I'm going to go get the rest of the sickle types skinned now and then see if I can populate some necromancer inventories with them. :smile:

Your help is deeply appreciated!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Oh, and as a P.S.:

Was the utility from 2004 you mentioned called "Nif Skinner"? I went through my archived Morrowind nif utilities and found the following:

NIF skinner, NIF Texture and NIF Tx strip.

Edited by Braggi

I cannot see any of the screenshots you provide. You could really add them at Nexus. There is a upload button next to your profile icon in the upper right corner, upload -> Pictures. You can upload 5 each day with a free account. When you uploaded it, rightclick your picture, add it within the tags

[img=here]

Well you delete the word "here" and put your link there. :smile: You can also add the link to that Image Icon in the editor head

Edited by Pellape

Wow... Murphy really loves me. :P

Sorry 'bout that. I'll try to sneak this reply through the next time the internet comes back.

I got the notification of your reply, read you suggestion, managed to get the images uploaded to my image section on Nexus (thank you for the link pointing it out - never used that feature on the site before)... and then my IP lost connectivity.

So, my internet is going up and down like a teeter totter right now, driving both my wife and I bonkers. (She's working from home today.)

Nonetheless, you should now be able to see the images as part of my Nexus profile. (The very first one I posted is the one I linked to at the thread's beginning, with the steps to the final nif included.)

If I can't reply after this, please be patient. We need to get this networking issue sorted out.

Looks good. It sure looks like a Hand Scythe and if you use MOO, save that sickle as HandScythe.nif, it will area harvest when you hit plants. Like

Weapons\Brag\Sickle\HandScythe.nif

22386-1659474539.jpg

Well tell me about it. I have a WIFI USB card setup at my balcony, 3m USB cable through the window, so I can reach the Community public WIFI, that I did setup when I worked for the Community as Network Tech. So I do save €40 each month as it is a lot of money for me after they kicked me and 11 coworkers 3 years ago... I am so lucky I do live next door to a Community Kindergarten but it goes up and down as well, as I did put the card inside a plastic small bag and it moves slightly as it is attached to a small can for Sweet and Sour Sauce with silver tape, but I have good connection if I put the card at one specific spot, then I get 50Mbit. So is it you ISP that goes up and down or what is causing your issues?

Edited by Pellape