Workshop wont open after certain distance....

greekrage

Ive seen this happen before on large mods ive done but a simple opening the workshop in a previous cell and closing it allowed for it to open further out...

Now in my latest location i cant get it to open in the same manor even though i can open it and walk to the cell with it open and use it...

All cells are in the location and primitive was tested with either one large trigger or separated into 2 (intermingled ofc)...

I also tried playing with the radio radius in the workshop's script.....

Any ideas or solutions are welcome...

Also note :

The area im in when trying to open the workshop is at cell loading limit (for me) and the location of the workshop itself isnt loaded.(any chance this has to do with my settings and not an issue with the mod ? )

Also ... would moving the workshop to another cell help ?( a more central cell ? )

If the workshop object 3d is unloaded it will not trigger.

The default raduis is between 10 and 15 thousand game units depending on cell buffering.

The setting the adjust this is uGridsToLoad in Fallout4Prefs.ini

You can place fake workshop workbenches in the location, add a script to them that calls StartWorkshop() on the real workbench.

How would i link it to the actual workshop does it have a link ref ? Or do i simply link ref without a keyword like the setowned trigger for example ...

(cant check right now ...)

Here's a simplified version of what I did in my Flourishing Salem mod, might not be the nicest solution but it definitely works..

1) Place your fake workbenches. They should be an Activator and they has to be linked to the real workbench with WorkshopItemKeyword.

Add the Activate Text "Start Workshop". Attach a script like this to the activator:

Scriptname YOURSCRIPTNAME extends ObjectReference Const

Keyword Property WorkshopItemKeyword Auto Const

Event OnActivate(ObjectReference akActionRef)
	GetLinkedRef(WorkshopItemKeyword).StartWorkshop()
EndEvent

So, when you activate the activator (primary activate choice), workshop mode starts.

2) Add a perk to the Player.

Entry Point: Activate.

Function: Add Activate Choice.

Button label: TRANSFER.

Target Conditions: GetIsID "The activator you'e made above" == 1, Run on: Subject.

Perk fragment:

; Add these properties to the script:
; Keyword Property WorkshopItemKeyword Auto Const
; Keyword Property WorkshopKeyword Auto Const

; The code:
ObjectReference WorkshopRef = akTargetRef.GetLinkedRef(WorkshopItemKeyword)
If WorkshopRef && WorkshopRef.HasKeyword(WorkshopKeyword)   ; HasKeyword(WorkshopKeyword) can be replaced with a Condition, run on GetLinkedRef with "WorkshopItemKeyword"
	WorkshopRef.RemoveKeyword(WorkshopKeyword)
	WorkshopRef.Activate(Game.GetPlayer())
	Utility.Wait(0.1)
	WorkshopRef.AddKeyword(WorkshopKeyword)
EndIf

So, when you press "Transfer" (secondary activate choice), the workshop's inventory opens. (Removing the keyword WorkshopKeyword makes the workbench (the real workbench, which is linked to fake ones with WorkshopItemKeyword) a "normal" Container so, instead of workshop mode, its inventory is going to open). Utility.Wait() does nothing until you exit the inventory panel. Once you exit it, after 0.1 seconds, the WorkshopKeyword will be added back to the workbench).

Edited by LarannKiar

Here's a simplified version of what I did in my Flourishing Salem mod, might not be the nicest solution but it definitely works..

1) Place your fake workbenches. They should be an Activator and they has to be linked to the real workbench with WorkshopItemKeyword.

Add the Activate Text "Start Workshop". Attach a script like this to the activator:

Scriptname YOURSCRIPTNAME extends ObjectReference Const

Keyword Property WorkshopItemKeyword Auto Const

Event OnActivate(ObjectReference akActionRef)
	GetLinkedRef(WorkshopItemKeyword).StartWorkshop()
EndEvent

So, when you activate the activator (primary activate choice), workshop mode starts.

2) Add a perk to the Player.

Entry Point: Activate.

Function: Add Activate Choice.

Button label: TRANSFER.

Target Conditions: GetIsID "The activator you'e made above" == 1, Run on: Subject.

Perk fragment:

; Add these properties to the script:
; Keyword Property WorkshopItemKeyword Auto Const
; Keyword Property WorkshopKeyword Auto Const

; The code:
ObjectReference WorkshopRef = akTargetRef.GetLinkedRef(WorkshopItemKeyword)
If WorkshopRef && WorkshopRef.HasKeyword(WorkshopKeyword)   ; HasKeyword(WorkshopKeyword) can be replaced with a Condition, run on GetLinkedRef with "WorkshopItemKeyword"
	WorkshopRef.RemoveKeyword(WorkshopKeyword)
	WorkshopRef.Activate(Game.GetPlayer())
	Utility.Wait(0.1)
	WorkshopRef.AddKeyword(WorkshopKeyword)
EndIf

So, when you press "Transfer" (secondary activate choice), the workshop's inventory opens. (Removing the keyword WorkshopKeyword makes the workbench (the real workbench, which is linked to fake ones with WorkshopItemKeyword) a "normal" Container so, instead of workshop mode, its inventory is going to open). Utility.Wait() does nothing until you exit the inventory panel. Once you exit it, after 0.1 seconds, the WorkshopKeyword will be added back to the workbench).

Saving this...

Funny how the simplest solution is usually the one that works sometimes... I moved the workbench one cell over to "close the distance" and the damn thing worked....

Now if possible answer me this because it was working fine till i started to "experiment"....

The settlement works fine BUT its not visible in stats or able to move npc's...

The problem in general is the location which is the nakano residence and for this to work as a location since its part of the far harbor dlc and not really part of the commonwealth...They added a second mapmarker in a commonwealth cell(even named the cell fake map marker cell etc) and then linked it to a xmarkerheading that is in the Nakano residence cells.

This beauty took me a couple of days to discover (thanks Bethesda... )

So i linked my location data to that xmarkerheading...and it worked...till now...

its along time ago that i did someting with f04, but is that location not tight to a quest @greek ?, maybe you have to get and or discover the location first, to get it 100% working

just a wild quess

using a save that starts from farharbor.... Location already discovered and quests completed.

Like i said above...the settlement works.... Settlers come via beacon but stats dont show on the map marker and workshop data .Also Settlement isnt available in the move to or supply route lists

Its worked fine before i tried to fix the workshop issue... So im guessing its a marker problem which i will have to figure out...

Edited by greekrage