Ranger Clint - An advanced Ghoul companion mod

spartenkiller897

Clint and YOU!  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Ranger Clint?

• He's sounds super cool, I can't wait for him!
    • He sounds interesting, but I need more details.
    • Lame...
    • Stupid, he should be a normal human.
  2. 2. Some features will be cut from the mod, which do you think should stay (if any)?

• Hireable mercenaries in the ghoul town
    • Stand-Alone patches to reduce load order size
    • An adoption Clinic for you and Clint after the 4th quest (that's the romance quest)
    • Clint gets mad at you for destroying Lukesville (if you do), and leaves you (Unless under special circumstances).
  3. 3. What more would you like to know about the mod?

• Clint's Personality
    • All of the questlines
    • All of the features
    • The ghoul town Lukesville
    • The NPCs
    • Nothing, I want it all to be a surprise!

I am using my own judgement, I don't want to release some half @$$ed project or a beta, I don't want to release a bunch of updates, perhaps some new dialogue updates, and possibly patches for new mods that come out. I learned from my work with run a shop, it's better to just release a finished product than it is to release something you'll never update or improve. If I were to die, yes die, after this mod was released, at least it'd be finished...

Edited by spartenkiller897

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clint's Personality:

Clint is a somewhat comical guy, despite the stuff he's been through. He's always trying to stay happy and make others laugh, however, sometimes clint himself gets the blues. Clint will occasionally become depressed but it only lasts for a few minutes at most because he always looks to the brighter side. Clair tired to get Clint to seek medical help from the followers, but Clint always said he's fine. Clint enjoys telling jokes, making fun of raiders, killing raiders, listening to the radio, playing the guitar, playing caravan, and drinking anything strong. Clint doesn't enjoy talking about his past, yet he doesn't hesitate to because he want to relieve the stress he has. Clint also enjoys a nice old world cigarette. Despite what Clint's old friends said, Clint says "I'm going to keep on smoking, if god wanted me died, I would've died 80 years ago".

Clint will (hopefully) keep the player entertained with his witty remarks and odd sense of humor.

Ranger Clint Developer Update #4:

So, I thought I'd let everyone know about a little secret. Only read on if your curiosity can not contain itself.

In this mod, there will be an entirely new town, complete with a well made player home, lots of jobs, some features from run a shop and more...

Here's a link to a sneak peak at the town: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajbWNsdCN3Y and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgzFk-UC5t0

My new modding website: http://spartens-falloutnv-mods.webs.com/

This website displays the news and information about all my current mods, mod projects, and contains videos, pictures, and more.

In other news... Ranger Clint developer update #5:

Clint's First quest is almost complete, the town's caravan system is being development by MaxyiBoii (thank you by the way), and if you enjoyed the rita's cafe mod by FalloutNVDefault, then you'll love the restaurants in the town.

Regarding unoctium or whatever you want me to call you, stop being so surly. Someguy only got to where he was by taking in from the community, making those threads, working hard, and caring what others thought. Spartenkiller has the right to do so as well. No one becomes great overnight, takes time. He can do, and post, what he wants. And for sparten, involving your previous question:

* Is there going to be morale decisions with Clint? Choosing things that he would rather do yet you can't stand to do. Example - Russell, in the mod, chooses to kill a man. It's your decision whether to kill this man cold heartedly, or let him live.

*What is Clint's veiws? Is he, ironically, being a ghoul, a biggit/racist? Does he still care for the ncr? How does he view everything as it is today?

*Suggestion/Question I think that a "blast from the past" would totally make this story badass. Boone brings his past up with his wife and killing her and such. Is Clint going to have to deal with what happened in the past? Is that something that ever comes up, maybe as if somehow, those raiders have lived on or something, I can't really think of something at the moment?

I love mods. I'll play a game once or twice through without em, but after that, I'm all mods. I've played like 500 something hours of FNV, but probably spent even more dealing with mods. I really want this project to continue and I think that you need to continue. Not NEED TO but I think that the harder you work, maybe one day, you'll be producing arts like someguy200 or earache42, alexscorpion ,dragbody, djmystro, toxa01, I could go on.

Edited by Ethangamez

In the town of Lukesville, the player can purchase a house, get several different jobs, and interact with nearly everyone. So far we have one of the jobs completed and we will be demonstraiting something to you very soon. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask us.

Ethangamez:* Is there going to be morale decisions with Clint? Choosing things that he would rather do yet you can't stand to do. Example - Russell, in the mod, chooses to kill a man. It's your decision whether to kill this man cold heartedly, or let him live.

Yes, one of the things you do with Clint is help him get revenge against a man he used to work with in the NCR. The man goes by the name of Gregory Brown and he hates ghouls, that's not enough for Clint to hate someone though. This man disobeyed orders when he worked with Clint, didn't care about the lives of Civilians, and was one of the reasons why he was separated from his love Clair. The sad thing is, this man rose high in the ranks than anyone else Clint helped. Clint will often compare the situation with what happened between you and Benny.

Ethangamez:*What is Clint's veiws? Is he, ironically, being a ghoul, a biggit/racist? Does he still care for the ncr? How does he view everything as it is today?

Clint views the wasteland as a becon of hope, a place where peace can be restored, but we're to damn stupid or busy to do anything about other than kill each other. Clint is not one bit Racist, nor is mean to any one group of people (except raiders). As for his opinions for existing factions, he feels the NCR has good intentions, but is not doing things the right way, he feels there still is hope for them and maybe one day, things will change. He doesn't have many negative feeling with the legion, he's even made a few deals with them to spear some of the local towns from their wrath. Clint's not a big fan of slavery, but he loves watching what they do to the degenerate raiders, watching them die a slow and painful death. He really hopes to see the wasteland become an oasis, a sanctuary, but is affaird it'll never happen.

Ethangamez:*Suggestion/Question I think that a "blast from the past" would totally make this story badass. Boone brings his past up with his wife and killing her and such. Is Clint going to have to deal with what happened in the past? Is that something that ever comes up, maybe as if somehow, those raiders have lived on or something, I can't really think of something at the moment?

This is a total spoiler of his first quest, so don't read on if you want it to be a surprise. That being said lets continue; In his first quest, you help Clint find out what happened to his wife and the two of you search the weasteland high and low with multiple dead ends and traps (thanks to polyfemus, he's awesome) only to find her dead on the summit of Black Mountain. If you take Clint to the brotherhood of steel's bunker, he'll say that they were the ones that ran the raiders into their town, and in the confusion it was rough brotherhood of steel shooting at innocent ghouls and evil raiders. Clint knowns that it was either a mix up, or they were rogue. But if you're an evil character and you convince Clint the brotherhood are evil, you and Clint can have some fun killing them all.

I believe that answers all questions, and thanks for all the support.