⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Ranger Clint - An advanced Ghoul companion mod

spartenkiller897

Clint and YOU!  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Ranger Clint?

• He's sounds super cool, I can't wait for him!
    • He sounds interesting, but I need more details.
    • Lame...
    • Stupid, he should be a normal human.
  2. 2. Some features will be cut from the mod, which do you think should stay (if any)?

• Hireable mercenaries in the ghoul town
    • Stand-Alone patches to reduce load order size
    • An adoption Clinic for you and Clint after the 4th quest (that's the romance quest)
    • Clint gets mad at you for destroying Lukesville (if you do), and leaves you (Unless under special circumstances).
  3. 3. What more would you like to know about the mod?

• Clint's Personality
    • All of the questlines
    • All of the features
    • The ghoul town Lukesville
    • The NPCs
    • Nothing, I want it all to be a surprise!

Hey guys quick question and I want to hear your opinions. I intially had loads of plans for Clint, which kept growing and evolving, now I have a few decisions to make in order to release this amazing mod (before my personal deadline). Here is a list of features that may or may not be cut from the mod; which do you think should stay (if any) and which should go.

• Hireable mercenaries in the ghoul town
  • Stand-Alone patches to reduce load order size
  • An adoption Clinic for you and Clint after the 4th quest (that's the romance quest)
  • Clint gets mad at you for destroying Lukesville, and leaves you (Unless the 4th quest is done)

I know some of you may question these features in this mod. Some of you may ask "I thought this was a companion mod, how far are you going with this?". To answer that question, this is not your ordinary companion mod. So, what do you guys think, should those features stay or go?

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update:

I've changed the poll, and added the development schedule on the first post. I'm almost done with the walkie-talkie script. Should be done between tomorrow and thursday. Nothing too special, but I like to keep you guys updated. Now with the poll, you can tell me what it is you want to know more about in this mod.

Edited by spartenkiller897

Alright, the radio (Walkie-Talkie) is almost done, and I've noticed some glitches in the design of the 2nd quest. It's almost fixed though, next up is interior design of the town of Lukesville. Edited by spartenkiller897

Update:

Hey guys, after a bunch of work, I finally got the second quest 100% done and it's bug free. The Walkie-Talkie is also finished (but could use a little tweaking, but not now). I'm a little behind schedule, but I should finish some of the other things on the list earlier than expected. On a side note this was the very first quest I made from start to finish that was 100% functional and had a reward. Devloper blog may come up this week, but if not it will definately be up next week. Also, please pardon any of my spelling mistakes, as my spell-check is not working at the moment.

Thanks,

-Sparten

Edited by spartenkiller897

It's the Ranger Clint Teaser Trailer:

What do you think?

It looks great so far, I'm really looking forward to see Clint develop and hear his voice. Have you gotten a voice actor yet? The project seems very ambitious though, which is always something that might discourage a modmaker over time. I'm not saying this will happen to you, but I've seen it many times before. I sincerely hope it doesn't happen of course.

I'm looking forward to hearing more, I always love a good companion mod :)

It's the Ranger Clint Teaser Trailer:

What do you think?

It looks great so far, I'm really looking forward to see Clint develop and hear his voice. Have you gotten a voice actor yet? The project seems very ambitious though, which is always something that might discourage a modmaker over time. I'm not saying this will happen to you, but I've seen it many times before. I sincerely hope it doesn't happen of course.

I'm looking forward to hearing more, I always love a good companion mod :smile:

We'll, considering I've been working on this since july of 2013, I ain't stopping unless one of 2 things happen; I die, or I'm kidnapped/lost/stranded so nobody has anything to worry abbout. Yes I actually have a voice actor for him. Maybe I'll release another trailer soon (with 2-3 weeks) containing his voice. Thanks for the comment by the way...

Well, I can promise a few things: This mod will come out before fallout 4, and that it will be released before or on september 10th. I want to release it earlier, but it depends on how development goes. So far it's good. I estimate he'll be released between july and september.