Paint Your Equipment

bican203

Hi, I want to create a mod which allows you to paint your equipment. I'll add paint (in the form of potions or void salts, not yet decided) in the world and add them to crafting recipe of newly added painted (basicly retextured variants of) weapons and armor. The tricky part is that I don't want these painted items to be created by spells or crafted through blacksimth objects such as the forge or the workbench because painting is not related to them. Maybe a menu could pop-up after clicking on the paint allowing you to choose the item you want to paint. But I don't know how i could do that. I've never created a mod before so I'm not very good at the CK. Help would be appretiated A LOT...

I think this mod would be essential because it can add dozens of "new" armor and weapons in the game without changing the meshes. I'll start my work with only shields and quievers. After they are done, I'll start armor and finally weapons.

Please share your ideas about the mod :)

If you change the armor to different piece what happens to enchantments?

I really don't know. It shouldn't have problems since I'm only changing the textures of them but I'm not sure. This will be my first mod so in the first stages, enchanted weapons and armor can be a problem. But as soon as I get better at modding, I'll make it work with enchanted weapons and armor.