Your local skyrim news!

BloodBond76

Okay, then I'll just drop off a few more ideas.

Voice actors needed for: writers of each newspaper, and newspaper couriers on the road. That is crucial for any decent mod, I think. No silent voices, no immerson breaking...

I think the best place for each office/headquarters would be their respective cities ofcourse. Solitude and Windhelm. Need to find and arrange free spaces inside those cities though.

There would be hundreds and thousands of different newspaper items/new scripts implemented. I would like them to report the each little and tiny news, not just main quests but many side quests as well. And I am not even talking about the Companions/College/Thieves Guild/Dark Brotherhood missions now. Also there should be separate patches for Dragonborn and Dawnguard as well, for the news of their respective quests.

Also, I really didn't like the way the things player did outside of quests had no effect on newspapers at all, in Oblivion. The only (and major) thing comes to my mind is, that you slaughter a whole city, and newspaper wouldn't write anything about that. This should be fixed in Skyrim. Even if you kill one or two people inside a city, as long as you are seen and have a bounty, the things you did should be reported in a separate article. Also the report should differ accordingly to the number of innocent citizens you slaughtered in a city, at a time.

Also, couriers should only deliver newspapers for their own aligned holds. I mean, there's no point of an Imperial courier attempting to deliver newspapers to Windhelm, right? It would be highly immersion breaking. The only city that receives two newspapers should be Whiterun, until it's invasion in Civil War quest...

I would write more but if I could go in depth with what's in my mind, that would be a very long list and irrelevant to this topic.

Would you really be able to and ready to do such things that I listed above, by yourself?

Edited by Erenussocrates

so what is the next step, a modder? id suggest to sameone ask athmoor if he is interested.

Well this would be a big but somewhat easy task and may in fact need a team of maybe 2-3 modders to write the newspapers up.

Can u link any previous mods that athmoor has done?

arthmoor is the man to talk to if you need well made and immersive mods, here is his mod list, all must to have in my opinion http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/users/684492/?tb=mods&pUp=1

Okay, then I'll just drop off a few more ideas.

Voice actors needed for: writers of each newspaper, and newspaper couriers on the road. That is crucial for any decent mod, I think. No silent voices, no immerson breaking...

I think the best place for each office/headquarters would be their respective cities ofcourse. Solitude and Windhelm. Need to find and arrange free spaces inside those cities though.

There would be hundreds and thousands of different newspaper items/new scripts implemented. I would like them to report the each little and tiny news, not just main quests but many side quests as well. And I am not even talking about the Companions/College/Thieves Guild/Dark Brotherhood missions now. Also there should be separate patches for Dragonborn and Dawnguard as well, for the news of their respective quests.

Also, I really didn't like the way the things player did outside of quests had no effect on newspapers at all, in Oblivion. The only (and major) thing comes to my mind is, that you slaughter a whole city, and newspaper wouldn't write anything about that. This should be fixed in Skyrim. Even if you kill one or two people inside a city, as long as you are seen and have a bounty, the things you did should be reported in a separate article. Also the report should differ accordingly to the number of innocent citizens you slaughtered in a city, at a time.

Also, couriers should only deliver newspapers for their own aligned holds. I mean, there's no point of an Imperial courier attempting to deliver newspapers to Windhelm, right? It would be highly immersion breaking. The only city that receives two newspapers should be Whiterun, until it's invasion in Civil War quest...

I would write more but if I could go in depth with what's in my mind, that would be a very long list and irrelevant to this topic.

Would you really be able to and ready to do such things that I listed above, by yourself

Thanks for the ideas!

Here's my feedback:

-Regarding the tiny and sort of mundane things in the game, I was thinking of the same thing like when the emperor makes it into solitude the BHC would talk about it and possibly a bit about him

-As for the patches for the DLC I think it should happen but after the base game content. But when I do get to it I think that the editions would be like:

• Vampire problem - DAWNGUARD
  • Available land - Hearthfire
  • Boat to solstheim - Dragonborn

-My plan for the guild quests is to find a way (maybe by altering the quests slightly) to make the newspaper article change depending on how the quest was done.

• i.e If you kill a target in the DB silently with no one alerted or if you go berserk and kill everyone

-As for the aligned hold thing, I think that the BHC will only be empire and maybe whiterun while the stormcloak will be the stormcloaks and maybe Falkreath as I'm thinking of making the stormcloak newspaper a more traditional nordic newspaper.

-For your complaint about the BHC and major crimes committed I may try to implement a script or something that by using a template instantly writes an article with your crimes, bounty, things stolen, and names of those murdered.

-As for your question on my ability to do such a project (no offence taken btw) I think that I'll write some newspapers up and have as much as I can by myself done as possible. After that I'll sort of try and get help from some experienced modders to go by showing how much I have done, and hopefully by doing this I will get some people interested in helping.

-Continuing off this I think that after I get a small team (3 people at least) I could scout around to find some ok voice actors to help, and I think that some would come as the amount needed is quite minuscule compared to some other mods (i.e. quest and follower mods)

Again thanks for the input!

Well, I wish I knew or had time to do anything with the CK, or texturing/modelling, or anything in particular. But at least I can support this mentally. I can give ideas and write for articles and discuss them with you. I don't know if you will open a separate topic for this or not, but you can always contact me via p.m. anyways.