I want a new graphics card!

I told ZoFrex that i would comment on the new card when it came. The only problem is that after waiting two weeks for eBuyer to get it to me *growl* and installing it, it turns out i ned a new PSU because my piddly 230V can't hack it. Ive a 500V one on order from eBuyer, which should get here at the weekend-time, assuming no other "warehouse errors". Once its installed i'll give a full report on the card, since i know ZoFrex was anxious to see what it was like.

I only have one piece of advice here:

Avoid the GeForce FX series. They suck at just about everything, except earlier titles. I bought one, and feel like an idiot. :P

To give you a rough idea, I was able to play World of Warcraft at full graphics with the view distance reduced to minimum and get 20 FPS average with my Ti4200. My FX5200 however, got about 15 FPS MAXIMUM with an average of 10 FPS on those settings. With THREE options that I had maxed turned down to minimum I can get 20 FPS average. But it tends to drop like a stone in areas with a large amount of objects, even more so than with the Ti4200.

I'll keep this thread bookmarked though, thanks ^^; I'll need a new card before long. My Ti4200 was better than this thing.

I have a 5200, or used to, and can completely understand. The card is complete, pardon my crudeness, crap. Not worth the cardboard its made of. I cannot even play MW with anti-aliasing on, that how bad it is, for those who don't have the blight of one.

But like i said in my previous posts, the reviews of this card have been all brilliant, with decent scores on 3dMark and soforth. Hopefully this card will set right my fear of GeForce.

Archived