"The Eye of Magnus" quest bug. please help :(

foursquared

I just repeatly use Magnus staff on the eye while attacking Ancano. You just need to do this several times like the eye and Ancano had some kind of resistance and high amount of hitpoints. This works for me.

• 2 months later...

Yes who has same bug like me. After Ancano said his thing he starts imedietly fighting than disable enable Tolfdir with console did work for me and take that quest to next step. Looks like Tolfdir was somehow buggend in this quest.

Edited by Delgard

• 3 months later...

I recently ran into this bug on the Xbox one and found a way to fix this using Cheat Room cheat spell options.

Step 1: Enter the hall of the elements. Once inside do not proceed pass the gate where ancano resides. Doing so will force Tolfdir into his spell stance in which he'll become glitched.

Step 2: Now cast cheat spell options and select cheat menu 6. Select kill all. This will kill ancano and complete the quest while tolfdir is in his normal stance which will allow you to speak to him.

Step 3: After ancano is killed by the spell immediately cast the spell again, select option 6, select stop all to avoid any collateral damage and proceed to talk to tolfdir to trigger Quaranirs appearance.

Once Quaranir appears speak to him. This will trigger tolfdirs buggy spell casting stance which is fine (Side note: This didn't occur after repeating my method a second time. I was able to speak to Quaranir without Tolfdir glitching) . After the psijic takes the orb he will return to his normal self.

PC players can use this method through cc though the disable and enable actor method is just as good. Hope my method helps whoever stumbles upon this both pc and console players alike.

Edited by Kateris93

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old thread but I just want to add what worked for me to fix this, as I was brought here by a search on the bug and had the same problem as OP. Thanks so much to eddy4life for the suggestions.

I waited 7 hours outside the door to go inside and everything worked as per normal.