Bahamut Lagoon!

CLB1110

I've tried to raise them all equally... according to the dragon guy, they become unruly if you don't treat them equally, don't they? :P

Either way the fire dragon one (forget the name) seems to be the one I've ended up focusing on, it's certainly the strongest. Seems it evolved into a cloud dragon when I fed it something which gave it 60 fire/10 lightning total... kind of spiffy :P

In my first game I focused on raising one dragon (cant remember what one) and it seemed to work out well. In the game im playing right now im trying to raise them all equally, but I always seem to make one stronger that the other...

• 2 weeks later...

[spoilers]

SPOILERS BELOW! SEVERE SPOILERS!

any faq would have mentioned it, but getting the fire dragon to a very high level has certain... *bonuses*... that might be useful.

[spoilers/]

anyway, i loved this game. I still play it, and theres a lot of humor... sometimes corny... and i wonder just how much of the translation was altered... i mean there are some possible gay references in the game... you only see the strong references a couple times... but still. (Sorry mods)

anyway, the game is an awesome strategy game, comparable to shining force, or warsong. Or tactics ogre... (Okay maybe not as good as tactics ogre... but i havent played yet... cant find english trans.)

The dragon raising system provides a lot of flexibility in the way you play, and some of the dragons are awesome looking. (I love the uni uni...) speaking of which, Switch, if you thought the game was cartoony now, then get a uni uni, and use a summon in the party with uni uni. cuuuuutttteee!!! (*falls over laughing*) and the game has a nice new game plus feature that makes me play it too much... im on my 3rd playthrough now... and no sign of stopping soon.

furthermore, there are some hidden characters... and a lot of dialogue that is optional, giving you a reason to play through multiple times. Furthermore, the equipment system gives it a final fantasy feel. And much like ff9, this game contains many many references to other games. (Not just final fantasy). someone made a checklist of humorous stuff... its owrht getting. also talks about all the refs ot other games.

Definitely worth a try. Any strategy game fan would love this.

Hmm I never knew they had hidden characters. I guess thats what I get for not checking GameFaqs. Ive only played through the game once, on my old PC. Then I got a new PC and Ive started a new game. Hehe the old man is pretty creepy though. I think he is gay.

there are, unless i remember wrong (im not reading this from a guide at the moment...) 2 hidden characters, one is a third light armor. (I think you see her briefly at the beginning as 'mist'. she can be recruited if you do things right. (she is available in chapter 14)

The other 2 (which arent so secret, but which are really really really (!) worth having, are the 2 ninjas. Apparently, a lot of people dont notice them/get them. either way... now you have another reason to play through again, eh, CLB? I didn't say how to get them, so i dont think its a spoiler.

Actually that does make me want to play that game again, after I finish my current game in KOTOR II. But I remember having the two ninjas so I guess I did know about some secret characters :D .

• 2 months later...
I played this game a while back (probably shortly after dejap finished the translation). I loved it, although I didn't finish it. I ended up getting distracted by another game, as I'm wont to doing, and left the game in the middle of a battle (yay for savestates). Unfortunately I've since lost those save games from getting a new computer, so I'll have to start from the beginning.

Archived