Console command issues (Hidden items)

Blueflyingbanana

Hello,

I have a bit of an issue with the console command, which I used 4 or 5 times to summon an item just to see if the mods I installed modified it correctly. Seems like the items ID got duplicated, and the ones I summoned became invisible in my inventory, even though their weight is actually there.

Wouldn't be that much of an issue if I had only realized what I was doing before summoning 13 heavy armor sets... Now my character is constantly walking around with 750 weight, 650 of which come from those hidden items that I can't remove for the life of me...

Is there a way to make them reappear so I can throw them ?

Now that I write this, I wonder if going to jail and having all my stuff removed could resolve this, I'm going to try but post this topic in case there is an alternative or my crap doesn't work !

Thanks for your time.

• 1 month later...

SOLUTION:

I had this issue as well. There are duplicate items in the console that are invisible when you add them (gold necklace, basic daedric weapons, etc). To get rid of them:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Find an empty barrel or chest (or just somewhere to dump all your stuff)

2) Dump all your stuff, except quest items that can't be removed, into the container

3) Move into 3rd person, open console, click on character (so that it shows "(00000014) at top of console) and type:

showinventory

4) You will see all currently held items plus the hidden items with their corresponding [item id]; scroll up and down with page up / page down

5) To remove them, you must type this for each item (remember to include the #, quantity to remove)

player.removeitem [item's id] #

**Replace [item's id] with the id number, no brackets; carry weight should = 0 when you're done, as quest items do NOT contribute to it

6) Once you've removed all those pesky hidden items, retrieve your stuff from the container

Note: removeallitems DOES NOT WORK.

Edited by okamimiyazaki

• 2 years later...