Proving Honor Bug

easternLuminary

On the last part of the quest-line for Proving Honor (Return to Jorrvascr) I'm supposed to meet with Vilkas on the steps outside of the building (at least, this is what I've been told.)

However Vilkas isn't there and when I go around the back for the initiation it starts, finishes and then bugs out so I can no longer move. Farkas is forever following me around as well.

I've tried restarting the quest and re-did the entire thing but the problem still occurred.

This is on Xbox 360 (no mods!) so I can't even enter any commands to fix the problem.

Any one know how to fix the problem, or if it can be fixed at all? This is my first run-through of the game so I really don't want to restart.

This is a known 360 bug.

" 360 After returning to Jorrvaskr, following Vilkas will lead to where the members of the Circle will be when the Companion's initiation is performed. However, sometimes the initiation will not start, and everyone will be stuck there unable to be interacted with. This makes is impossible to continue with the Companions questline."

My advice for it is to try it again through an earlier save. If you're not able, then I'm not so sure. =/

Anytime! It's an annoying bug. I wish that they had opened the door to the modding community for consoles too for things like this, but sadly they didn't. =/ Hoping the Xbox One does that and we can all share ES mods universally.

Maybe we should fight for mod equality rights. LOL!