How to replace Vanilla armor with Mod armor?

Deleted5407404User

I made multiple textures for an armor off Nexus and would now like to use the armor as a replacement for all of the Guard/Hold armors, but my CK skills go as far as making Cells and Duplicating weapons/armors with custom stats.

Any help as to how I approach this would be grateful :happy:

Even if it's just a link to a YouTube video or another post that I missed or couldn't find that's related to this!

Edited by Guest

Well, first rename the file you're replacing them with and put it in the same folder the original would be in in vanilla Skyrim(haven't touched the guard armors personally, so you'll have to look this up).

If the originals are handled like I think they are, you can use the same model for all armors, and then replace the vanilla textures with the ones from your armor, renaming them to match the original textures. No CK use is required for this.

Well, first rename the file you're replacing them with and put it in the same folder the original would be in in vanilla Skyrim(haven't touched the guard armors personally, so you'll have to look this up).

If the originals are handled like I think they are, you can use the same model for all armors, and then replace the vanilla textures with the ones from your armor, renaming them to match the original textures. No CK use is required for this.

I'm familiar with this method, and I'll resort to it if I have to. But I wanted to have it in an esp so I could easily enable/disable it without having having to constantly replace or rename files.

Edited by Guest