Skyrim's Radiant AI Downgraded?

LonesomeDrifter

There's this:

AI Overhaul - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50978

I haven't tried it yet, but it seems to do some of what is missing.

I actually already have that mod installed. Though, I notice it doesn't touch all NPC's yet. I'm surprised Uthregard the Unbroken still stays in the Bannered Mare and never leaves. (Her seat either)

Which brings me to my point, I feel that Skyrim's AI packages took a step back this time around. At least in Oblivion everyone wandered the city and slept in their homes at night.

Here in Skyrim, some people wander the streets all day and night, and some never even sleep. *Cough* Inkeepers *Cough*

Yep. They definitely didn't put as many AI packages in for Skyrim. I suppose they figured players wouldn't notice for long enough for the game to sell tons of copies. :s

On the bright side, they did put a lot more effort into the NPCs you interact with on a regular basis, like Serana, Mjoll, etc...

I'd like to see a return to the scrapped Radiant AI of Oblivion. Not on *every* NPC, because that would be buggy and random. But it'd be nice to see, for example, all the vanilla marriage and follower options get a lot more AI packages, and to see them explore on their own sometimes.

Yep. They definitely didn't put as many AI packages in for Skyrim. I suppose they figured players wouldn't notice for long enough for the game to sell tons of copies. :

That and a lot of other gameplay and design elements that SHOULD have been in the game before it sold. Like the choice to destroy the Theives Guild and Maven Black Brair for those "evil cleanser" type players.

Yep. They definitely didn't put as many AI packages in for Skyrim. I suppose they figured players wouldn't notice for long enough for the game to sell tons of copies. :

That and a lot of other gameplay and design elements that SHOULD have been in the game before it sold. Like the choice to destroy the Theives Guild and Maven Black Brair for those "evil cleanser" type players.

And the choice to reject quests so they don't clutter your journal forever.

And NPCs that can navigate a hill without getting stuck on a tree.

And the choice to reject quests so they don't clutter your journal forever.

And NPCs that can navigate a hill without getting stuck on a tree.

That too. Thank Bethesda for the modding community...

I can't imagine playing the console versions for this very reason...those poor guys don't even have their DLC (at least the PS3 gamers)

only slightly off topic... but turn the random chatter up on followers... makes me laugh to hear mjoll's stories... can you imagine?

I long for more interactivity from npcs, they must have motivation sometimes. i would love to see carlotta give nazeem a beatdown for being so rude...

only slightly off topic... but turn the random chatter up on followers... makes me laugh to hear mjoll's stories... can you imagine?

I long for more interactivity from npcs, they must have motivation sometimes. i would love to see carlotta give nazeem a beatdown for being so rude...

Me too friend, me too.

Yeah, I remember when all the anvil guards all just drew their swords and killed the blacksmith right as he entered the room. Checking his corpse I saw hat he had a broom, bread and a candlestick in his inventory.

I know I said I would never go back to Oblivion when I first played Skyrim, but now, three years later, I kind of miss Oblivion...