[WIPz] Vvardenfell Glass

LHammonds

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heavy armor improvements (still work-in-progress)

Awesome! I like that I can see the character eyes even when the helmet is on. Keep up the good work! ;)

I like that I can see the character eyes even when the helmet is on.
Actually, that is just part of the helmet!!! The helmet has a set of transparent glasses with painted-on eyes. You might scratch your head and say "what?" but if you examine the Morrowind version, it had painted eyes on the helmet. ;)

jcarl904 had mentioned to somebody that inquired about that and said he might make an alternate version of the helmet without the fake eyes but he is no longer modding Oblivion. If that is requested, I can make the alternate version after release.

LHammonds

I like that I can see the character eyes even when the helmet is on.
Actually, that is just part of the helmet!!! The helmet has a set of transparent glasses with painted-on eyes. You might scratch your head and say "what?" but if you examine the Morrowind version, it had painted eyes on the helmet. ;)

LHammonds

I know how it looks in Morrowind and I'll be damned if you see me complaining about how this one will look like. I've been waiting for so long, there's no room for complaints anymore, just patience and hope! http://smileydatabase.com/s/130.gif

I started working on the textures today and was able to get pretty far. I had originally lost all my weapon textures but themythofstrider created a new set of textures that better fits the armor textures. Unfortunately, he only gave me the compressed DDS files. When I found that the alpha layers needed some manipulation, I asked for the source files but unfortunately, his PC crashed along with the source textures...that means the textures will be compressed two times which isn't a good idea but we have no choice.

The texture templates for the armor and weapons are now all prepped for easy color changes and I have already finished making all the color variants and they match very well in-game.

I have a fairly descent normal map that I am using right now but the finalized version will have the glass 100% smooth (currently it rough like the metal).

Oh, I won't be create the tons of re-colored NIFs until I am 100% finished modifying all models since it takes forever to export, re-optimize, make multiple copies, update color texture paths, etc. I only want to do that step one time! For screenshooting purposes, I will just be updating the existing green NIFs to point to the other colors if I want to see what they look like. ;)

LHammonds

http://www.tesnexus.com/imageshare/images/128909-1267991070.jpg

http://www.tesnexus.com/imageshare/images/128909-1267991026.jpg

and here is a pic of the original Morrowind Armor

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee11/Conan_Lon/Oblivion/VvardenfellGlass/MorrowindGlassArmor.jpg

I reached a "finished" point with the modeling of the heavy armor. I also created the ground meshes. While doing this, I looked over the light armor ground meshes and decided they needed some fixin since I had learned a LOT since I first created them. Now the collision models are much more optimized and not such a strain on the system...and they are 100% accurate to the shape of the mesh. :D

I am going to work on the shape of the heavy shield a bit more to make it look even heavier.

After that, I will crank out the female versions of the light and heavy armor (vanilla body)...which shouldn't take too long. Wow, that's 4 sets of modeled armor!

No time for screenshots...besides, it isn't much different that what has already been shown. More than anything, the changes are made to look good while moving around in-game with the light reflecting off it. Screenshots simply cannot do it justice. :thumbsup:

LHammonds

Well, facts are my heart was about to poop out of my body through my mouth when I red the word "finished", but the rest of that sentance made me relax. Well, I'll hide back in my basement now and wait, but be warned that I will be among the very first to grab it when it's done. Don't say I didn't warned you. :)

The heavy armor is now fitted to the vanilla female body. The helmet and boots did not require modification.

Pushkatu, I might be tempted to even let you be a BETA tester and get your hands on it before everyone else. ;) It would require some rigorous testing to make sure everything is up-to-snuff before I release the mod. I'm not one of those that like to release a lot of patches after a mod has been completed. :D

Next up is the female light armor.

EDIT: Whoops...the light armor for the vanilla female body is done too!

Light vs Heavy from the Front

Light vs Heavy from the Side

LHammonds

Damn, even if I know you will be very disappointed, mayby even cry a little, I can't be a beta tester, at least not in the months to come. :tongue: My old PC is totaly wasted and there is no hope to get a new one very soon, but what I said stands, I will be among the very first to download when it's released. I will also do my best to cheer you up along the way and I'm a damn good stalker. I only hope that hospital where you are working will give you more free time for obvious reasons :biggrin:

Also, a suggestion. I don't realy know what you have in mind, but if you could give the amour, at least the metal part of it a ...well, a more metal look, I think it would look better.

Cheers,

Pushkatu! :thumbsup: