Moar bullet casings

Bottletopman

EDIT: What I mean is that the model appears as multiple shell casings, so I want to take one, and make that as a separate model to use for when guns are ejecting brass

Ok I think we have a communication problem here. It's easy to separate out a single shell casing from the cluster. But the point I'm trying to convey is that there are no shells from the caliber you want, in the directory. You can see the file list in my last post.

2ND EDIT: Alternatively, if it's simpler, you could create custom models then apply the (custom?) textures to them

Yeah....no, that's definitely not easier than a simple edit to separate some meshes.

OK lets streamline this somewhat. I don't know where you saw the mesh with shell casings *of the caliber you want*, and mentioned in your first post ("separate the CRAFTING ITEM model that is the bullet casings"). I don't think they are in the BSA/game. I'm not going to create new custom models and textures for something 99.9% of people won't even notice, I have quite a few projects and other requests I need to get to.

*But*, if this is something you really want, then I can edit some of the exisiting shells. You need to collect any pertinent info for the shells you want made. Choose a base model of existing shells from the file list above as a base. Then include Size/dimensions as a comparison between the base shell and the new shell. Include at least one pic with the new shell you want made, displayed next to (in scale) the base shell you want it made from (base). Then if I have time (and I can't promise I do or will) I can put them together in blender for you. I will include not only a single shell but a cluster of shells similar to the shells in the shellcasingsphysics directory.

EDIT: What I mean is that the model appears as multiple shell casings, so I want to take one, and make that as a separate model to use for when guns are ejecting brass

Ok I think we have a communication problem here. It's easy to separate out a single shell casing from the cluster. But the point I'm trying to convey is that there are no shells from the caliber you want, in the directory. You can see the file list in my last post.

Right right right, now I understand lol, sorry what I meant was, the .50 MG does actually have its own shellcasingsphysics model, but from viewing it in the geck, it appears to be larger, so that could be used for the .50 mg casing that is ejected from weapons.

.22 LR casings do exist in the same directory so that also could be used for .22lr casings, especially in the .22 SMG's case (it currently uses assault rifle casings, lol)

So those two are down, the only one left is 12.7mm...I think we might have to scratch that one and just stick with .44 magnum/original .45 cal casing.

EDIT: 12ga and 20ga shells have their own crafting models...12 gauge weapons already have their own shell casings, but currently 20ga weapons use the 12ga casing. could also use and separate the 20ga crafting model?

Edited by Bottletopman

So those two are down, the only one left is 12.7mm...I think we might have to scratch that one and just stick with .44 magnum/original .45 cal casing.

I'm sure there is a base model that could be adapted to a 12.7mm. I mean we know it's swiss manufacturer we just need a real world (shorter variant, no 12.7mm x 107) example. Heck just looking at the assault rifle case or the 7.62, we have the same basic shape.

But anyway I was hoping these were the kind of things you would do (set up pics with comparisons between the base model, and the cal we want to create, diminisions etc) so that I could work on the actual models instead of burning time getting the info. But since it's pretty straight forward I'll just hit it that part.

Sorry for the confusion and sorry about the comparisons - I didn't know how to pull the dimensions of the models of stuff, so I couldn't really help out there :\

I think the 20ga shells would be the most noticeable though - they're yellow, up against the red of the ordinary 12ga shotgun hulls.

EDIT: Judging by the Pip-boy icon, the 12.7mm could be based off the 12.7x54mm round, but that's a rifle round and the 12.7mm in NV is used in a pistol and SMG, so it's probably going to be the .50 GI (12.7x23mm) or .50 Beowulf (12.7x42mm).

Edited by Bottletopman