Immersive "Have your Own Child"-Mod

Talmari

So I know there are already two mods out there but none of them are really immersive. And by immersive I don't mean realistic, in fact these two words are probably the opposite of each other. By immersive I mean "It looks like it could've been in the main game". Skyrim itself, without mods doesn't have sex in it. It doesn't have menstruation or sperm or anything like that and I don't want that either, it's making stuff complicated - as if it wasn't complicated enough in Real Life. What I would like is the following and I hope there are people who read this and agree with me - and probably even someone willing to put time and effort in an idea like this?

Lover's Comfort: With my mod idea, when it's evening you would be able to tell your spouse (and your spouse only) "Come, it's time to go to bed" or something like that. The spouse will then lay down in the home's double bed and you can just activate the empty bedside and decide how long you want to sleep. Then and only then the lovers comfort would be applied.

Chance for Pregnancy: Based on a chance that should be around 5 - 15% (should be changeable via mod configuration menu or menu spell for those without skyUI) you, the female player character, or your female spouse (if you are male) could get pregnant.

Informations: During the pregnancy you would be informed about its stage via some notifications like "Am I eating too much? I feel bigger" or "I think I might be pregnant". If your spouse is pregnant it would be the same just as "My love looks somewhat rounder recently" or "Might my love be pregnant?" or something like that.

Potion Makers: Alternatively you could also go to any potion makers / sellers in game or to olava the feeble to have them find out if you or your spouse is pregnant or not. It would cost you something, of course. Olava the feeble could be cheaper but less reliant since she's only a fortune teller. If you answer the NPC "Oh no, I'm not ready for that yet!" She could sell you a potion which would end pregnancy immediately - without notifications or anything. Since it's magic it could be used anytime during pregnancy. You'd have to trade it to your spouse if you wanted her pregnancy to end. This is meant as an "Oops, I forgot to set pregnancy chances on 0% for this character" solution.

Parental Bonus: As soon as you know that you or your spouse is pregnant (either by notification or by an NPC telling you) you could have a parental boost bonus which would increase your health and stamina (you're so proud that you have energy to pull out trees!) and give you the well rested bonus whenever you sleep, independent of the actual time you sleep. This is just an idea though, could be made entirely different.

Day of Birth: At the day of the pregnancy end you would get a notification like "This is the day, I think I (or she in case of spouse) should rest for a while". When you sleep the next time after you wake up there's a child in front of you (or if it's your spouse that is pregnant she would just lay down for a while and then the child would spawn next to her) and your spouse jumps into dialogue with "I'm so happy!" You could then ask her "What should we name him / her?" And she would say "You pick" and let you write down a name within the dialogue menu.

After that, the child would pretty much act like an adopted child.

Aging: It could also age up though. It could stay a child for a long time untill it reaches teenager years which would make it an adult at 50% size of the parent. It could be either a copy of one of the parent's genes or a mixture, whatever is easier to code. It would still have child voice and grow in stages (60%, 65%, 70%) untill it reaches about 80 - 90% of the original player character size. Then it would get a random adult voice and act as a follower. It would still sleep in the childhood bed if possible and the home would still be the place where you gave birth to it.

Modding: The mod should not require any other mods. No framework, skeletons, FNIS or anything except maybe for SkyUI with an alternative spell menu. There would be no adult scenes, just going to bed. There would be no stupid sounds playing or anything. The mod should not be about sex but about having your own child in Skyrim.

You would be able to set how long the pregnancy as well as the different age stages last via mod configuration menu or menu spell.

So that's my Idea, I hope some people like the "less sex more child" approach here and support this idea or even make it into a real mod - because I seriously can't. I just don't know what I'm doing at all :D

Technicaly, this is quite tricky. For one, it would need a TON of different skeletons to show the pregnancy. And most Skyrim players don't play for long times and many just restart because of maybe a mod or something. And i would guess that it would be quite tricky on gene mixing or even looking related. And then, this would still only apply to the Human races as there are none whatsoever vanilla children of other races. Of course, there is mods, but still... This would require maybe just as long time as the making of Falskaar or Wyrmsthooth. Maybe less or more, it would require a lot of scripts which could effect the game performance drastic, and the file size would maybe be huge! Anyway, i would say "no-can-do".

I don't need skeletons to show the pregnancy! That's something I don't care about or else I would've written it down... Gene mixing or looking related... Not that much needed :D I'd be happy if it just was a mod that let's me have a child which acts like an adopted one without going through menstrual circles, ovulation, visible and uncensored sex, 300+ days of pregnancy...

It's supposed to be easy. If it's too difficult like I described it, make it easier :D As long as the idea itself - a child mod without the stuff the adult child mod has - stays the same I'm okay with it. Really. And I think more people would use the mod than the ones who clicked the topic / said something, it would probably be worth it...

• 1 month later...

One of the mods you don't want has most of what you do want in it already. No I am not saying or suggesting to just use that mod, but it if you get permission or what ever is needed from that modder you could probably remove the unwanted parts from it.

Technicaly, this is quite tricky. For one, it would need a TON of different skeletons to show the pregnancy. And most Skyrim players don't play for long times and many just restart because of maybe a mod or something. And i would guess that it would be quite tricky on gene mixing or even looking related. And then, this would still only apply to the Human races as there are none whatsoever vanilla children of other races. Of course, there is mods, but still... This would require maybe just as long time as the making of Falskaar or Wyrmsthooth. Maybe less or more, it would require a lot of scripts which could effect the game performance drastic, and the file size would maybe be huge! Anyway, i would say "no-can-do".

Very few skeletons are needed. The other site already has armor mods and skeletons that do just this. However If you want to know more go find out at that site.

Edited by Guest

• 3 months later...

If someone is going to make a mod based on this, they should think about the Khajiits, and how a cub can grow into a little cat, or a Bosmer-looking adult. They should make this dependent on the moons, and there should be different skill bonuses to different kinds of grown Khajiit to make it lore friendly.

Just something to think about. :smile:

• 10 months later...