Ranger Chauncey (super mutant Ranger)

PleaseHelpMeWithThis

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Dev

You can always use ST.'s body armor. Particulary I love Chauncey's statment about Ceasar.

@PHMWT

I am working with your ideas that he is intellegent, and trying to make peace. Here is some more dialogue:

"Well, f*#@ you too!" (if asked to keep his distance)

"Just because I am a mutant...doesnt mean you can dump your s#*! on me."(trading)

"We make quite the pair. The Mutant ranger and the Undead Courier"(Recruiting him)

"I aint got Time to bleed!" (Once combat has started)

"I was too impatient to be a sniper. Too big to be in recon. And thanks to my mutated form, my weaponary choices are slim. So I decided to be a ranger, where my fists would come in handy more than my rifle." (When asked about his position in the NCR)

"Peace doesnt exist courier.Only times of silence that build up to war. The society we live in has never known peace."(when asked his opinion on the war.)

@Dev

You can always use ST.'s body armor. Particulary I love Chauncey's statment about Ceasar.

ST.'s body armor for the SM playable race? ST. does some great work, but his outfits, hats, equipment etc are all proportioned to the supermutant. I see it very differently. If a super mutant has a human hat it should be comically small. Same for any other human apparel or equipment. I think it's very important to emphasize the character. ST probably would have done it that way so that he didn't have to create a kajillion differnt models (using the standard human skeleton). We only need to create one (if we're using the super mutant skeleton), so lets customize it and make it really reflect a SM.

On that topic I need to know if we're going with a SM or a human skeleton, before I can make anything.

With a human skeleton he'll be able to use any equipment or weapons (although they will be expanded to reflect his size, which is unrealistic), and human idle animations as well as furniture markers (he can sit on chairs, etc). However he's going to move like a human, light on his feet, and not a lumbering hulk.

With a SM skeleton his animations will be truer. He'll move like a real SM. But he can't take advantage of human idle animations. Or at least I don't think he will be able to. The skeletons *may* be close enough that *some* human idles can be tossed in teh SM directory and work....not sure, havn't tested them. And I don't think he'll be able to use furniture markers the same way as a human (but I'm not positive on that). Also the supermutant route is quicker and easier to put together.

So, any consensus?

In all honesty. Having him with Human animations is a bit unrealistic. I mean this guy isnt only a supermutant but also a veteran of god knows how many wars/battles. Having him quick on his feet just wouldnt suit,(at least in my opinion). Plus, if we take the route that hes trying to make peace with the NCR we have a nice little dynamic between the three veteran mutants.

"The Damaged one" (Lilly)

"The Peace Keeper" (Marcus) -Peace Keeper because he doesnt turn violent against anyone while your in Jacobstown(even though he probably would have fixed the issue faster) and that is admirable.

"The Nomad" (Chauncey) -I am stating he is the Nomad because with all the crap between NCR and Mutant's, he has no family to go home to. Mutants wont take him back, hes Ncr. And the soldiers wont treat him like they would the other rangers, hes a mutant. Hes got no home.-

So my opinion is go with the Mutant body.

Some More dialogue in regards to his backstory, companion wheel response, etc.

Random answers to questions the courier could ask

"The masters Army? Maybe one day.....When your old enough. I'll tell you some stories."

"Do our past choices truly define us? Or is it our actions now that make us....Human?"

"My greatest Regret?(Lets out a laugh) If I wanted to talk about it, it would cease to be a regret wouldnt it?"

"A slaver under any different name. Is still a traitor to his fellow man."

Companion Wheel/orders responses

Recruit= "We make quite the pair. The Mutant ranger and the Undead Courier"

Follow = "I know the drill...its not my first time being lead." or "I have been a soldier, a ranger, an exile, and now Im a sidekick...How demeaning."

Wait = "A mutant standing in the open will fit in like a legionaire at President Kimbells Birthday...but okay"

Use Melee= "Things are about to get really messy."

Use Ranged= "If My finger slips, we may have a problem."

Open Inventory(Full)= "Just because I am a mutant...doesnt mean I'll carry your junk for you"

Open Inventory= "Not sure anything you got is gonna fit me kid."

Stay Close= "Okay....if you dont mind being seen with a mutant exile?"

Keep Your distance= "You do the talking... I'll just sit there and look pretty"

Back Up= "Well, f*** you too!" or "Youre a brave one."

Be Passive= "Showing some mercy? Okay."

Be Agressive= "Just the way I like it."

Talk to= "I'm not much of a talker."

Use stimpack= "I aint got time to bleed..."

Dismiss(Opening dialogue)= "I've heard that before...."

Dismiss to the Lucky 38= "Probably a bad time to bring up I got a gambling problem."

Dismiss back to his camp= " Please drop by and we'll share some stories, if ya need me.."

Change your mind= "Funny Son of a b&@*$, arent ya?"

Well there's my idea of his dialogue through companion wheel. Thoughts?

"You might want to moderate your tone when talking to me. Last human that insulted me now knows what his own ass tastes like." (If agreesive speech option is picked upon meeting him.)

"I mean I ripped out his tongue and shoved it up his ass." (Just to give an explanation)

Id personally have him say: "You might want to moderate your tone when talking to me. Last human that insulted me "something less explicit". Maybe someting like "came to regret it".
You can then ask him to explain, and he give you the details.

Back Up= "Well, f*** you too!" or "Youre a brave one."

"Well, f*** you too!": Don't think it fit in. (IMO ofc)

"Youre a brave one.": Is much better.

All the other dialogue is perfect. :thumbsup:

Edited by PleaseHelpMeWithThis

"Lets just say he's not very talkative anymore." work?

"Am I on your foot or somthing?" A good answer for being asked to back it up.

I still have to work on what his dialogue is and basic backstory, before I get on to anything else.