Uninstalled Mods Affecting All Previous Saves/Characters Untouched By The Mods

AsaHerring

The problem: Skyrim is running extremely slow. Visually, nothing looks different, but what has changed are some mods are not updating, it takes several seconds to register crouching and uncrouching, harvesting/activating/casting spells/using powers/etc.. are happening 10-30 seconds after they should. "Dynavision" not updating the DoF or updating changes made in MCM, "Immersive HUD" not showing cross hair while looking at activatable objects. "Auto Unequip Ammo" not properly equipping/unequipping or changing back to the right arrows when changing to and from mele weapons.

Note: Something I always do before I install a few mods and go messing around with the console is make a back up save and use a separate save for a while.

Possible Cause: Installed a few mods meant for taking photos. Specifically "Lively Lovely Screenie Facial Expressions With Lip Sync" and "Fuz Ro Doh" After I installed these, I noticed things started running a little slow, specifically activating poses with "Pin Up Poser" got really slow and "Dynavision" completely stopped working. Also, for "Lively Lovely Screenie" to work, you have do a lot of playing around with the console, and I did a few other things with the console like adding a few items for taking pictures with, but nothing game braking. I finished taking my photos, got off the game, uninstalled the two mods, then loaded a previous save completely untouched by the mods. The game was still running slowly and I noticed more things not working correctly. I loaded up an even older save, only around a week older, and it was doing the same thing.

I was not aware of any mods that would affect all of your Skyrim saves even after being uninstalled.

Help would be greatly appreciated, I don't want to loose all of my saves to this.

If you look around or google it you will see tons of things about broken saves. Before you use ANY mod you need to make a save (not just when you use the console-perhaps you do and I misunderstood?)...put the mod in then make a new save. Do this for each mod you add and not just toss a few in at once. You retain these saves prior to mods being added and many scripts are retained in Skyrim saves and will not be removed even if you turn off and/or remove the mod.

A backup of your Skyrim files is also a good idea if possible. I typically backup at least the main file that is changed...not the entire texture file for example..but the lowest sub-folder being effected. This allows me to go back to a clean game.

You should never put more than one mod in at a time. You should never remove more than one mod at a time. Turning a mod off in the list is not the same as deleting the mod all together. When you install or remove any mod you should read the documentation carefully. The mod author often tells you if the mod can be turned off without issues, how to uninstall the mod safely and how to delete the mod safely. I know FNIS needs to run after uninstalling any pose mod that requires it also. Did you do this?

I would go ahead and list your entire load order of what you have at the beginning (if you can) and now. Things like Wrye Bash can show your saves and what mods are attached to each save.

Typically in situations like this there isn't much to be done. Sometimes you can turn everything back on and then uninstall them correctly. However unless you have saves that are prior to these problem mods then you may be in trouble.

Someone else may have more advice. There are save cleaning mods but I have no clue how effective they may be and am personally wary of these things just because of paranoia (lol). In the meanwhile go ahead and post in spoilers your load order(s).

Good luck.