Pack Donkeys - featuring Cait's models

Guest Plugin Manager

Guest Plugin Manager

Disclaimer: This topic has been created automatically for discussion regarding this mod. The mod author may or may not view comments left here.

Mod name: Pack Donkeys - featuring Cait's models

Mod description: Requires: Bloodmoon and Tribunal

Featuring Cait's donkey models. Dialog, plugin creation: by Emma Models: by Cait Companion scripts: based on Grumpy's work, optimized by CdCooley and Peter

Right outside the gates to Suran, you will find a pack donkey seller with three donkeys for sale. Buy as many of them as you like. The pack donkeys are using a script based on Grumpy's latest warping scripts, so they are excellent at following. Thanks to a special ring, they can also recall to you (exteriors only). They are peaceful animals, so they won't join you in battle unless they get directly attacked. Previously, Cait's pack donkeys have had a tiny problem - they have been shaking their heads whenever in companion mode.But, that problem no more exists. Cait decided that she wanted to upgrade her donkey models in order to make them better companions. Here, you can see the result for yourself. ..

Visit Cait's website and look at her beautiful animal models! Others: If you levitate, the donkeys will be there when you get back. They swim... Sort of. And they have the water breathing ability. You can heal the donkeys with healing potions if you have them in the inventory. But as they aren't fighters, this probably won't be necessary They level (sort of). Their attributes will be set to match your level on initial meeting. After that a check will be made every time you sleep to adjust stats. This happens automatically. No message boxes. Health % can be determined via dialog.

SScreenshots and further information: http://lovkullen.net/Emma/Donkey.htm

File is available here : http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1488

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Fine idea, GREATLY done, however the lore specificaly states that horses and donkeys cannot survive in Morrowind because of the rough terrain, bitter-salty water, scarcity of grasses....

Plus, we've already got pack guars. Lore friendly and pretty. I, for one, love the pack rats of Mournhold.

Maybe you can improve on those (carry more, follow better, come with you in Morrowind, stop fighting alongside you, the works...)

Anyway, smiles !

• 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...

I have been putting off trying this mod because I haven't wanted to deal with something following me that doesn't fight. But there are a lot of other companion mods for that. I finally decided to try this and it works great! Just like all the other Emma and Grumpy mods! I use a cheat ring for testing mods and my PC has a speed of 265. The donkeys didn't have any trouble keeping up. But they do have a bit of an attitude based on what healing potions you give them. :) And unlike Spot, the donkeys like to be left outside. If you have more than one donkey, they can sometimes stand a little too close to each other and they will clip through each other, but not a big deal. Definitely not as bad as when I had an adopted child from the Ebonheart Orphange mod standing inside Spot!

I really like this mod, which doesn't surprise me since I love your other mods. Thanks for all your hard work and for sharing your wonderful mods!